Newcastle United 1 - 0 Burnley (04/12/2021)

Yorkie

Great result. Players were very nervous early on and whilst the crowd were fantastic there was also audible grumbles and impatience, especially in the 1st half. They’ll make mistakes and they won’t just gamble, a pass backward isn’t always a poor decision. Burnley are a awkward side to play against; well done lads. 

I’m not Shelvey’s greatest fan but he did well today as did Joe. Almirón, Willock and ASM worry me more. Willock needs a goal and generally needs to make forward runs to worry defenders, ASM still looks a looks less engaged than he did under Bruce and Almirón was completely ineffective. 

10 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Thought the minutes applause for that poor lad was a bit odd. Awful story but just seemed a bit strange

Never read about sad things with kids but this was on the Watford Man City game, dare I ask what happened?

2 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

Second cup of coffee in California. I'll add a shot of Fernet to make it festive.

I’m with you. Picked up a fresh bag of recently roasted beans from nearby Marfa, Texas, and having my warm joe outside, enjoying the sun. Hiding a boner for Eddie Howe.

31 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Thought the minutes applause for that poor lad was a bit odd. Awful story but just seemed a bit strange

Happened at every game I believe. There’s a photo of the poor lad in a Brum top.

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Now that's a happy camp! Tindall really has psycho eyes :lol:

Amazing photo. 

Every time i've seem him he's looked miserable, feels weird to see him smiling :lol: