Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United (16/12/2021)

Yorkie

Don't think the Fraser 

8 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

The pen on Fraser. Alexander-Arnold goes through Fraser's leg before getting a touch on the ball.

Not a pen for me thought it was a great tackle. Desperately need at least 5 or 6 quality players in January. Still going to be a miracle but trying to keep the faith.

We have conceded 6 penalties this season and lascelles has given away 3 of them. And he nearly gave another one away last night. Says it all.

Overall we never expected to win last night and the fact we were kind of still in the game after 85 minutes is a positive since we all thought it would be a cricket score I'm quite pleased nothing lost nothing gained. 

ASM is starting to grind on me he's not a team player. Fraser played well I thought, Joelinton a work horse but maybe kept hold of the ball for too long sometimes during pools press. Shelvey at least putting in an extra 50% and has some class just need a better cm along side him. 

Top of the shopping list:

2 cbs

1 fullback who can play both sides like trippier

1 Cm

1 attacking mid

1 striker

That's 6 players in Jan for me

3 hours ago, Gazzaschicken said:

We have conceded 6 penalties this season and lascelles has given away 3 of them. And he nearly gave another one away last night. Says it all.

Overall we never expected to win last night and the fact we were kind of still in the game after 85 minutes is a positive since we all thought it would be a cricket score I'm quite pleased nothing lost nothing gained. 

ASM is starting to grind on me he's not a team player. Fraser played well I thought, Joelinton a work horse but maybe kept hold of the ball for too long sometimes during pools press. Shelvey at least putting in an extra 50% and has some class just need a better cm along side him. 

Top of the shopping list:

2 cbs

1 fullback who can play both sides like trippier

1 Cm

1 attacking mid

1 striker

That's 6 players in Jan for me

Completely agree RE: ASM I'm losing a lot of love for him recently, seems to fade out of games quickly if it's not going his way. I know it must be frustrating for him, but we need him most right now, we need fight not quitters.

Also agree we need a new spine down the centre of the team, CB is useless without some steel in the middle and for Howes system to work we need the ability to move the ball right up the field but none of our lot can string 2 passes together without 30 seconds on the ball.

10 minutes ago, Paully said:

At the end of the season I won't be looking back at last night and crying. I will be looking at dropping 2 points to Brent Ford and the same to Norwich. Giving that pen to Southampton in the last minute and dropping 2 points then. 

It's just what happens when you are at the bottom and the same the other way when you are at the top

I feel more positive after last night than I did after Leicester.  We didn't collapse after chucking two goals in and offered the occasional threat at the other end.  The players seem to be buying into what Howe is trying to do and I fully expected us to get pumped 4 or 5-0.  Yet despite them having plenty of chances and probably having a bit in reserve, if required.  We've ultimately been undone by a mixture of shite refereeing, shit decisions and mistakes by our players and then an absolute shitpinger special from TAA.   

Also, I am not saying they are better players, or that we will always line up like last night.  But the team is much more balanced with genuine width and having Murphy and Fraser playing.  Murphy in particular hugs the touchline.  Which isn't always ideal when the ball keeps running under his foot :lol: they are more direct, quicker and offer us more in an attacking sense than Almiron or Joelinton playing there.  Plus it seems like ASM needs to be further forward in a 3.  As he is just sulking and not really helping much when he plays midfield.  

Edited by Lush Vlad

13 hours ago, HTT II said:

Fucking Shelvey on that goal, if he doesn’t twist away to avoid being hit, it doesn’t go in, fucking brain dead!

It was hit sweetly enough that, had it hit him, he might well have ended up brain dead. Proper Robert v O'Brien potential

11 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Just been suspended from Twitter for hoping Mike Dean snuffs it.

Absolute joke of a platform. 

I understand feeling that way, but I don't understand rushing to twitter to express it. Or maybe you didn't. Maybe it's your microchip sending info to twitter. I mean you didn't say that you were banned for posting.

Edited by Happinesstan

8 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

I understand feeling that way, but I don't understand rushing to twitter to express it. Or maybe you didn't. Maybe it's your microchip sending info to twitter. I mean you didn't say that you were banned for posting.

You just rushed to reply to me,

Stop trying to hard, you're not even almost funny.

Such pretentious bells in here.

Edited by mighty__mag

15 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Lots of positives in the last 14 years?

Aye, two promotions, Hughton, 5-1 vs the mackems, the Rafa years, slim pickings I know…

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Now that I'm over the initial annoyance, and not to go all 'three cheers for Mexico,' but fuck that was an unreal strike from Alexander-Armstrong. Beautiful hit; some serious tekkers on the lad. 

I always thought that Everton’s Leon Osmond was a better full back.