Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United (16/12/2021)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Hope they talk about the penalty decision on Fraser. I thought he fouled before touching the ball. Would've been a pen for 2-2 and a red card. Maybe I'm being biased and it was a good tackle

Depends which angle you watch. He certainly played the ball first.

1 minute ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Hope they talk about the penalty decision on Fraser. I thought he fouled before touching the ball. Would've been a pen for 2-2 and a red card. Maybe I'm being biased and it was a good tackle

It looked like he took his foot and the ball, but then their ref expert said that contact it was Fraser kicking TAA. Makes a mockery of Maddison last week where it wasn't even checked.

We need a transfer window and to try and give Howe some quality to work with. There's signs of improvement in some of it and the play but too many passengers and players that are scared to play football. Unfortunately I think the damage has been done by the cunt before Howe and the ownership leaving us with unbalanced and unsuitable players in key positions. Shelvey isn't even the worst but needs someone beside him to give space. Manquillo and Hayden were the worst for us today. Joelinton, Fraser and Lascelles played well

Guest neesy111
6 minutes ago, Collage said:

Sorry, but why the fuck wasn’t play stopped at the 1-1? Head injury ffs.

Because Hayden is a soft cunt.  There was no head injury.

Hayden laying on the ground has ultimately cost us 2 goals tonight.

The first because the goal is scored while he's lying there hoping for a whistle to bail out the team from defending in that instance, the second because the team's concentration was completely gone for a while after that, and Liverpool could see it and they pounced immediately.

Nowadays it's even too much to just ask players to get up and keep playing if they are not badly injured or for the others to continue to play until the whistle is blown. Instead Hayden is on the floor and multiple players are remonstrating to the ref while Liverpool just carry on playing before then helping themselves to a goal.  

I honestly think this has to become a fineable offence now. The number of times you see this nonsense take place is ridiculous, and quite honestly as infuriating as the whole thing was I can neither fault the ref or Liverpool, as I would have been absolutely delighted if we had capitalised from such an incident if the other team was playing for a free kick in that scenario.

And so here we are once again with one of our players doing something idiotic that has cost us a far greater shot at getting a decent result. Really getting sick of it. Makes the team so unlikeable.

Ah not to worry man. 

We're not in League One, we've got rid of Ashley. In time we will eradicate the stench. It's a sad truth but all tonight has convinced me of is that less of these lot are saveable than I first thought. I believe it was the daft old racist Graeme Souness who once said 'Is Pogba a tractah or a trailah?'

Right now we've got a bunch full of trailers. They need quality, they need momentum to do something. We need tractors. Your David Batty's, Rob Lees, Alan Shearers of this world. A few of them can pass for tractors when its going well, but not enough to win big games. 

We're fast approaching January and then we can add some new faces and start to move on the deadwood. Hopefully that injection sparks life into things because unfortunately when you keep a squad together for 5-6 years things fester. 

Let Liverpool enjoy their moment of glory because they have to realise that we are coming to take their place as one of the best teams in the EPL.  It may take a few years, but regardless of relegation, we are still going to be an unstoppable machine given the financial clout at our disposal!

Just now, Chrisjraby said:

Peter Walton talking absolute fucking bollocks here

So happy I switched it off as soon as the final whistle blew. I'm sick to death of hearing people talk absolute fucking shite when it involves Newcastle. 

1 hour ago, Pata said:

I really don’t see it this way. We have 10 players who are there solely to defend, he absolutely should be saving energy for the few bursts forward in a game like this.

Fair enough but that’s not what I mean by tedious. I mean it’s very frustrating when he’s the only outlet and he very rarely tries to bring others into the game.