Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United (16/12/2021)

Yorkie

Guest reefatoon

Such a shame. What we were doing was working until we decided to gift it away. Frustrating, but we can definitely take positives from it. We have to look at all our home games and try and get something from them.

Unlucky imo and with an absolute shit show of a refereeing performance. Definitely way better than expected at the absolute worst.

Pundits talking absolute nonsense about Liverpool's quality. Haven't seen them look that poor for a long while.

We did ok but never really looked that convincing. The positive thing is there’s a clear desire to fight from the players, we broke well at times. Fraser looked decent. 

Overall we’re just a bit shite though. Games like this won’t define our season but given the fixtures it could look really grim very soon. 

Edited by St1pe

That was a definite penalty for me, he kicks through the back of frasers leg and gets the ball after? Can't believe these attention seeking bald referee pricks.

Thought Fraser was immense, and our team did well enough against a far better side.

That was much better then I was expecting, and i'm actually coming away from that relatively positive, especially because of that second half, we fought hard, and created a few chances, tactically I actually though Howe got it spot on, but ultimately you cant do anything about the fact our players are a mile away from the quality of the one of the best teams in the world. If we can just cut out the stupid individual errors, we'd start gaining points, but we constantly shoot ourselves in the foot. Joelinton is our best CM, Schar was decent, and Ritchie wasnt quite as wank as I was expected when he came on. Other then that fuck Mike Dean, and fuck Steve McManaman.

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Fucking Shelvey on that goal, if he doesn’t twist away to avoid being hit, it doesn’t go in, fucking brain dead!

Dubs might've saved if if Mike fucking Dean hadn't run across his line of sight just as it was hit

There's a lot of positives, especially second half reaction. We just can't win any games giving away one or two stupid goals each time. Liverpool have so much class, but apart from TAA goal they couldn't put away the chances they created without some horrendous fuck up moment by us. 

I'm amazed at how Liverpool seemed to move and think faster than us all over the pitch. The moment someone is on the ball several of their players move around and make passing options and space. We are fitter but crikey, so behind the pace still. I guess that was part of the line up tonight, get more pace and balance in there. Definitely brought better work out of Fraser and Joelinton, and ASM had more involvement. I am glad overall we are gravitating to being a better attacking side, even if it's slower than we need.

We just need January and those 5 or 6 new players asap. If not more.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Bizza said:

Dubs might've saved if if Mike fucking Dean hadn't run across his line of sight just as it was hit

Naa, it was a quality finish. Sometimes you just have to accept it. No stopping those.