Liverpool 3 - 1 Newcastle United (16/12/2021)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, reefatoon said:

How fucking frustrating has this been. You can coach a team as much as you like, but when individual players drop stupid clangers, there is just nothing you can do about it. Infuriating.

And the most annoying thing about it is we do it every game at least once.

Amazed folk who don’t grasp these are light years ahead of us .

Surprised it’s just 2-1 , we aren’t still in it because they have 2 more goals in them so don’t go thinking we can still get something from this [emoji38]

Not gonna comment on our performance as we all know against these we are gonna be desperate, just gotta suck it lads and move on .

It's a tale of two teams, and I'm just talking about our side. We aren't great anywhere on the pitch, but we have a few that are putting their bodies on the line and a few who are strolling around watching them do it. We got that lead from nowhere, but I honestly feel if we'd defended it with 11 men instead of 4, we'd still be winning, albeit with a bit of luck. 

Just now, Pata said:

ASM is doing exactly what is expected from him in this system and he had a good half. No idea what people are moaning about.

Pish decision-making at one crucial moment aside, he's done well. 

Just now, GWN said:

Amazed folk who don’t grasp these are light years ahead of us .

Surprised it’s just 2-1 , we aren’t still in it because they have 2 more goals in them so don’t go thinking we can still get something from this [emoji38]

Not gonna comment on our performance as we all know against these we are gonna be desperate, just gotta suck it lads and move on .

Who doesn't grasp that?

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Yorkie said:

Maddening. Desperate to fuck up. 

Really speaks to the mentality of the players tbh. Most of the last goals we've conceded have had the hallmarks of a team that already considers itself beaten. 

Totally agree. We fucked up big style in our last game against Leicester by fucking around at the back, we then went and did the exact same thing for their second goal tonight. It’s just not on.

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

They don’t appeal anything, I don’t care if it’s not a pen, or if it’s a dive, appeal fuck out of it. It’s just so lethargic and annoying. Someone needs to snap someone, I feel like Sean Dyche but this is too easy for them 

This is one of the most galling things.  Our players have no fight in them, other teams shithouse everywhere and appeal everything.  Us? Nowt.

Just now, Pata said:

ASM is doing exactly what is expected from him in this system and he had a good half. No idea what people are moaning about.

He’s doing his job in bringing us forward on the break but he had three better options to give us a sniff at goal and ran down an alley. The fact he can’t make a decision in the final third is why he plays for us and not a good side. He’s simply not clinical enough. 

Honestly baffling how many times Liverpool had unmarked players on the edge of our box. Surely if you're going to defend in numbers, you each mark someone? They had so many easy passes in front of our back line, and out wide too. Schoolboy stuff, u can't even blame our players being shit for that because a pub team can at least stand next to the people in space.

Mike Dean making it about him? Colour me surprised. Tranmere legend what he is. 

Meh, we've been our usual selves and they haven't been what they usually are otherwise it would be closer to a cricket score. 

They've come along way from sacrificing their morals to laud Luis Suarez.

Guest reefatoon
2 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Haydens cost us a goal with his fucking going down once a game. Our players stopped playing thinking he was injured. Soft cunt. 

He also ended up playing him onside to score too. Absolute joke.

Can see Howe has a plan in every game which never saw under Bruce, problem is he has fuck all to choose from and only swapping shit for shit in critical areas. No centre mids at the club and no full backs. Put at least 1 decent centre midfielder in and 2 full backs and this team would at least win some games

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

How fucking frustrating has this been. You can coach a team as much as you like, but when individual players drop stupid clangers, there is just nothing you can do about it. Infuriating.

It really is such a shame after a pretty decent start.

The manner of their first completely threw the team off mentally and they lost concentration for the next 15 mins or so as their minds were still on the uproar over the goal. And Liverpool have capitalised by adding a second.

The biggest issue for this team is it's complete lack of resilience and any kind of 'fight'. We better bring in some big personalities in January that have good leadership qualities and are very positive, because these lot are just so defeatist once things get challenging.

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

They are, I can’t stand it. Obviously we are not as good as Liverpool, we don’t have that talent. The very least you can do is outwork them and rattle them. It winds me up. We don’t do anything in terms of dark arts. It’s just pathetic to watch 

Aye pisses me off no end, we just accept defeat, defeat in a decision, defeat in a goal against, defeat in everything, I’d be livid at some of the shit going on on the pitch with the ref, their players, decisions and my own team-mates. We lack leaders and need several badly. They are all soft cunts who will give up on things on the pitch without fail. 

Edited by HTT II