Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

On 23/05/2023 at 10:51, christ said:

Can we get rid of realistic from the title? Seems redundant now.

I would just merge the transfer threads tbh, everything's realistic now.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Kulusevski anyone?

Seems Spurs aren't biting. He'd be pretty ideal for that right hand side. 

For 20-30 mill, yes, he was brilliant last season in a functional and confident side. 

33 minutes ago, Smal said:

How much would Levi Colwill cost from Chelsea? Seems like the ideal Dan Burn upgrade to me. 

Perr Schuurs could be one to keep an eye on - I thought he was left footed - turns out he’s completely two footed - could be a really good value signing with a huge upside 

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Would people swap Dubs, Karius, and Gillespie for Forster and Krul, if it was feasible?

No, I think it would be quite the step down In terms of quality. I’d want to keep dubs or karius let the rest go and have either Krul or Forster though. 

13 hours ago, Smal said:

How much would Levi Colwill cost from Chelsea? Seems like the ideal Dan Burn upgrade to me. 

I think I read Chelsea want to make him a first team player next season. It’s mental he isn’t in the England squad. 

19 hours ago, TRon said:

I would just merge the transfer threads tbh, everything's realistic now.

I always thought this thread was to be used for players you think we should go far and the other is actual reports on who we might be going for?

I think if we sign a world class right winger to have more of a threat down that side, a proper defensively minded midfielder who’s good in possession and an offensive left back we should have enough of an upgrade to continue competing at the top level without affecting the current dynamic of the squad. I guess there’s also cb and rb covet needed too. 

I’m guessing we need to make room

in the squad though and even after you remove the Richie type players I wonder if any of the more used squad players will be sold if there’s an offer. 

I haven’t really been that excited by any of the persistent links but maybe that’ll change now we’ve qualified for the Champions League. 

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

I think if we sign a world class right winger to have more of a threat down that side, a proper defensively minded midfielder who’s good in possession and an offensive left back we should have enough of an upgrade to continue competing at the top level without affecting the current dynamic of the squad. I guess there’s also cb and rb covet needed too. 

I’m guessing we need to make room

in the squad though and even after you remove the Richie type players I wonder if any of the more used squad players will be sold if there’s an offer. 

I haven’t really been that excited by any of the persistent links but maybe that’ll change now we’ve qualified for the Champions League. 

If ever there was a perfect fit in our team it would be Raphinha - literally ticks every single box - can easily play LW too 

10 minutes ago, Mikky said:

If ever there was a perfect fit in our team it would be Raphinha - literally ticks every single box - can easily play LW too 

100% agree. 

10 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If we're looking for a left back to fit the Dan Burn mould, I wonder if Chelsea will be parting way with Colwill?

Wouldn't be shocked to see Lloyd Kelly somewhere on the shortlist either. 

Talk of them keeping him and trying to get rid of bigger earners I think. Plus he’s HG, young etc. Can see him being a squad member there next season. 

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Would people swap Dubs, Karius, and Gillespie for Forster and Krul, if it was feasible?

Krul, Woodman & J.Alnwick in on 5 year contracts until our Academy produces a few more home grown squad-worthy players for those three. 

Might be a case though that Pope would have to go in 2-3 years though as we'd probably need a new number 1 by then. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

I think I read Chelsea want to make him a first team player next season. It’s mental he isn’t in the England squad. 

That may well be true, but given they’ve recently spent the thick end of £150m on CB’s, you’d have to question how likely it is?

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

I always thought this thread was to be used for players you think we should go far and the other is actual reports on who we might be going for?

Me too.

Don't know how transfer rumours turned in to the wish list thread.

Edited by Lotus

2 hours ago, LFEE said:

I always thought the "realistic" meant players we actually had a good chance of signing, so those reported in the press would be deemed more realistic, and the rumours thread would be more of a poster wishlist. Guess it just depends on your interpretation of realistic.