Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

15 hours ago, Ikon said:

Get a top top wide player and also sign Arda Guler who we have been linked with. Looks a future star! 

Has a bit of Ozil/Dybala about him - looks a heck of a talent at 18

4 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Has a bit of Ozil/Dybala about him - looks a heck of a talent at 18

Less than £5m clause price too. We would easily get that back even if he doesn’t perform/improve as expected. 

5 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Less than £5m clause price too. We would easily get that back even if he doesn’t perform/improve as expected. 

It’s a no brainer at that price - worst case loan him back for a year 

Their full back Ferdi looks class too

Had scouts watching both 

On 26.04.2023 at 12:15, Mikky said:

Bu fiyata hiç akıllıca değil - en kötü ihtimalle onu bir yıllığına geri ödünç verin 

Arkaları Ferdi de klas görünüyor

Her ikisini de izleyen izciler vardı 

Fenerbahce won't give us Arda Guler. In my opinion, he is the best young football player in the world. And it won't leave us easily. The boy wants to play in man city or arsenal.

On 24/04/2023 at 09:58, Big River said:

convinced we’re getting Rice :lol: god, this summer is going to be class

what a time to be alive, enjoy it people 

In himself, one signing, he would take us to the next level (…or keep us there!!). Just can’t see him coming though. He strikes me as a bright lights/big city type; probably go to Arsenal—if they want him. 

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

Surely young Dutch players are becoming wary about going to Man Utd now?

Why? Malacia gets a lot of games I think, and Van De Beek is injured since new year? Can see Ten Hag still having a lot of credit over there/in Europe in general.

4 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

In himself, one signing, he would take us to the next level (…or keep us there!!). Just can’t see him coming though. He strikes me as a bright lights/big city type; probably go to Arsenal—if they want him. 

I know it’s a bit unlikely, but I dunno, just really see him fancying us, he could be a legend here. he’d fit in like a glove as well, on and off the pitch. worth watching this, gives a really good insight into his character.

I'd love Rice. The only drawback is wages. If we give him what he wants - which I'm assuming will be at least £200k p/w - we're going to have to give out some big new contracts to keep current players happy.

Just now, Smal said:

I'd love Rice. The only drawback is wages. If we give him what he wants - which I'm assuming will be at least £200k p/w - we're going to have to give out some big new contracts to keep current players happy.

Not to mention the actual fee? If it’s north of £80m then a) would the club pay that if the total transfer budget is around £150m? (At a guess) and b) should they, given £80m could potentially get us two Bruno type signings? And yeah, as you say, the wage will be well above £200kpw which West Ham have already offered him and which he’s turned down. 

Rice would almost be as big a statement as signing Kane at this point. There's alot to be said for making a signing like that, if nothing else it perhaps persuades another top quality player to move here instead of Chelsea/Man Utd/Aresnal. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Can’t see Man Utd closing any transfers with the ownership issues still unresolved.

There are always ways around the ownership issues and continuation transfer planning ongoing. The Qataris have allegedly agreed a significant transfer fund in their bid. I’m sure other bids would also include funds for transfers. If the Glazers remain, they have always backed their managers with loads of cash for transfers, despite what the Man Utd fans say. I could just see Timber fitting in there given the manager (nationality and use of the Nederlands for the previous transfer window) and need for a CB (as well as other positions, obviously)