Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Ben Foster, but it means bringing the Fozcast circus with it. 

May as well let them from amazon in and get paid if we are signing that cunt whod film it all for nowt anyway

11 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

You haven't really convinced me there like.

Chelsea fans rate him highly

Brighton after him apparently which is another decent indicator fwiw

Edited by Thumbheed

14 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Any cheap goalies knocking about who'd come to sit on our bench?

I'd take a look at ettitene green. Recently relegated team, he's just been sent off and they've brought in an expericed keeper. Bags of potential. Big unit.

Failing that Joe bursik from stoke.

What about an offer for someone like Luka Milivojevic on a short-term deal? He's not getting a look in at Palace and he's a pretty solid DM. Also another option for set pieces.

Never gonna happen but it would be 'realistic'

9 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Why would we suddenly be looking for cast offs? 

I wouldn't call him a cast off, he just doesn't fit into Viera's system. I've got all the time in the world for an FM-style, left field signing to fill a gap. Understandably we all look at them with complete distain because they stink of Ashley's short-termist, bargain basement shopping, but under this regime i'd be up for a bit of pragmatism alongside our targeting of top young talent

16 minutes ago, xLiaaamx said:

Why would we suddenly be looking for cast offs? 

Because we’ve maxed out our budget for this window? Whether that’s a self imposed limit by the owners or not it seems likely the Isak money (which may have been earmarked for 2 x players prior to Wilson’s injury) is as much as they want to spend for now.

7 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Because we’ve maxed out our budget for this window? Whether that’s a self imposed limit by the owners or not it seems likely the Isak money (which may have been earmarked for 2 x players prior to Wilson’s injury) is as much as they want to spend for now.

Maxed out ? Says who?

The same ‘doylems’ that said we had £20m left to spend in the window after Botman or the same ‘plums’ that said we had a £50m budget?

I fully believe we will spend if we see the right deal. 

Nobody knows other than the owners / hierarchy and management 

Edited by JonBez comesock

8 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Maxed out ? Says who?

The same ‘doylems’ that said we had £20m left to spend in the window after Botman or the same ‘plums’ that said we had a £50m budget?

I fully believe we will spend if we see the right deal. 

Nobody knows other than the owners / hierarchy and management 

I'm convinced we're already in talks. Howe said in the PC that he will need to sit down and talk with the club about further transfers. As if those discussions haven't already been completed. Just a matter of him saying "Want that one"

Edited by Happinesstan

• 1 month later...
On 22/08/2022 at 21:47, joeyt said:

Didn't realise Trossard's Brighton contract ends in June 2023. Very surprised us and others haven't tested Brighton with a bid for him. Lovely footballer

:shifty:

8 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Trossard will have plenty of suitors but yeah would be great. Pascal Gross has always impressed me too wouldn't be a bad should should we miss out on maddison imo

Both Trossard and Gross are contracted until June 2024, so it’d take a hefty fee to buy either I reckon. Plus Gross is 30- hadn’t realised- so I think that’d rule him out

Edited by Manxst

Trossard is class but I wouldn't sign him as they'll have our eyes out.   What a lot of people don't realise is that whilst Potter did a great job they have an excellent team.  Look at Dan Burn, he wasn't first choice for them but he excellent.  Brighton have an exceptional squad for their spend and who is that down to?