Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Don't imagine we'd go back in for him seeing as we got Isak but I see that Benfica's Goncalo Ramos (who we were persistently linked with in August) has 14 in 21 this season. Guess he's a real player. Joao Pedro having a decent season with Watford as well obviously. Bodes well in terms of us identifying talent. 

Can't wait to see more of Isak, mind. 

Personally I would still like to see us go in for Jao Pedro, I just don't think we will after buying Isak. You never know though, might be we would bring him in as a long term replacement for Wilson.

On 17/11/2022 at 18:20, TRon said:

Personally I would still like to see us go in for Jao Pedro, I just don't think we will after buying Isak. You never know though, might be we would bring him in as a long term replacement for Wilson.

I agree would be a very good signing, versatile too. He signed a new contract didn’t he but that’s presumably just to hike up his transfer fee as I doubt even Watford imagine he’ll be there that much longer.

Looking back, someone like Akanji would have been an excellent signing - can play both sides centrally, in a 3, cover for RB, great ball distribution, young age, familiar with Schar - good signing for Man City - I would want an all round CB who can cover RB too (and cover it really well)

Ronnie Edwards? Wondered if he was the real deal. Never heard of him before the new FM came out. We need another young CB like, and a year or two with the likes of Schar and Burn before they disappear would be good for their development.

I've got so much faith in our scouts and general transfer policy that we'll be alright for a while yet.

Apparently Buchanan who is playing for Canada is available for €20m in January from Brugge. Has been class in the World Cup, pacey and direct, and only 23. 

Looks like could be a decent option if we wanted competition on the wing and someone who can be Howe’d into a top player.

Just now, Shearergol said:

Sounds like Sancho is wanting out of Man United. No idea how much they'd want for him (£5 a week or something?) but I'd love to see him play in a Howe team.

At Dortmund his best form was always when he had an overlapping FB. Especially Hakimi. It gave Sancho that extra bit of time and space to be more incisive.

On 25/11/2022 at 11:02, Lotus said:

Thought Milenkovic (CB) looked pretty decent for Serbia even against Brazil. He was a bit exposed by the formation at times.

He’s got a very good turn of pace for a 6”5’ bloke.

Yep, top pick of mine too, maybe because he's really good on computer games. Could consider as a Schar successor. 

32 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I preferred Sancho on the left for Dortmund. 

Hakimi played both left and right FB for Dortmund.

when Sancho played with Guerreiro on the left he had to do all the defending Guerreiro didn’t want to do. 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Yep, top pick of mine too, maybe because he's really good on computer games. Could consider as a Schar successor. 

Aye, he's an amazing defender. 1.95m fighter CB, they call him 'the mountain' in Italy but he's fast and mobile and quite good with his feet too. Also looks a bit like Thomas Shelby.

Has been at Fiorentina for five years now and signed a new 5 year deal with no release clauses at the start of the season, guess the guy likes it there.

19 hours ago, junkhead said:

Has been at Fiorentina for five years now and signed a new 5 year deal with no release clauses at the start of the season, guess the guy likes it there.

Not a terrible place to be a young millionaire is Florence, Italy like. :lol: