Realistic Transfer Targets (2023/24)

joeyt

55 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Trossard is class but I wouldn't sign him as they'll have our eyes out.   What a lot of people don't realise is that whilst Potter did a great job they have an excellent team.  Look at Dan Burn, he wasn't first choice for them but he excellent.  Brighton have an exceptional squad for their spend and who is that down to?

I think you're underestimating what a brilliant job Potter did there with those players

3 hours ago, McCormick said:

A dm, a winger and Maddison (just asking for another casual 100m window :lol:) and we’re looking really really good for the 2nd half of the season. 

In modern day PL, £100m in a window is about the norm for any team that wants to compete at the top end.

JW-PL-NET-SPEND-2022-GRAPHIC.jpg?w=1240

3 hours ago, McCormick said:

A dm, a winger and Maddison (just asking for another casual 100m window :lol:) and we’re looking really really good for the 2nd half of the season. 

I think we look good now if we had our first choice 11 fit for all games. 11 points from 8, only lost once to Liverpool, and we’ve had at least 2 points robbed by var. Brilliant start, and could have been better with a fit first choice 11. 

37 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I personally don’t see any major incoming in January, pretty sure Amanda alluded to it when the takeover happened. Obviously last January was exceptional circumstances.

Can't wait for the 10,000 "missed opportunity" posts on here in January. They were so insightful and fun to read in the summer.

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Amanda said January often doesn't represent the best value, that doesn't mean we won't be active. If we can get deals done at prices that suit we will IMO.

Agree with this, always. Hopefully we will bring in three - DM, CM and Winger. 
would be great if we could shift some deadwood:)

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Can't wait for the 10,000 "missed opportunity" posts on here in January. They were so insightful and fun to read in the summer.

Just wait until the first time we are losing after the Jan window closes, we could spend 300m and the ‘didn’t do enough’ posts will still come out to play.

Edited by Nine

• 1 month later...

It's really tough to say what we need imo. Maddison would be the one I'd pay premium for. But we have such a great balance and still need to integrate Maxi and Isak back. 

I don't want to upset the balance too much so I think I'd be happy with a few players to add depth and for the future that could break into the first team. That lad at Vasco would be nice

Don't imagine we'd go back in for him seeing as we got Isak but I see that Benfica's Goncalo Ramos (who we were persistently linked with in August) has 14 in 21 this season. Guess he's a real player. Joao Pedro having a decent season with Watford as well obviously. Bodes well in terms of us identifying talent. 

Can't wait to see more of Isak, mind. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Don't imagine we'd go back in for him seeing as we got Isak but I see that Benfica's Goncalo Ramos (who we were persistently linked with in August) has 14 in 21 this season. Guess he's a real player. Joao Pedro having a decent season with Watford as well obviously. Bodes well in terms of us identifying talent. 

Can't wait to see more of Isak, mind. 

Should be looking at Rafa from Benfica.