Realistic Transfer Targets (2024/25)

joeyt

One big positive for making a statement signing like Rice is there's so many very good options on a free this Summer, and if we signed Rice some of those players will definitely be more interested in coming here when Declan Rice has decided to sign. He would be an amazing signing, if we can get him we should make it happen. 

19 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Rice is also home-grown which is a huge benefit to European competition regulations.

I think Man City will exercise their buy-back clause on Lavia this summer.

Doesn’t come in to play until next summer

I think our summer spend will be similar to last summers numbers with maybe +1 on total players brought in. Around £150m total spend on fees. Steady, consistent progress in building Howes ideal squad. Management will not want a massive increase in numbers, we will continue to follow the trend we have seen so far imo.. CL or no CL.

Edited by Nine

Caicedo is not english but younger and better overall than Rice imo. Cheaper too overall. Both would be amaxing signings like. Don't see us going for either.

Edited by Ikon

4 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Caicedo is not english but younger and better overall than Rice imo. Cheaper too overall. Both would be amaxing signings like. Don't see us going for either.

he's made 36 appearances in the Prem... bit early to say he's better than Rice, no?

We’re not getting Rice, he’ll have much better options if he leaves.

If we do get CL it will however open up a host of new players we’d otherwise not be an option for.

Next season will be a huge challenge. We’ve massively over achieved this season.

I agree Rice seems unlikely, but, what options does Rice have if he doesn't go to Arsenal? City want Bellingham, Man U want a striker, don't think they'll pay 100m+ for Kane/Osimhen and then get Rice as well unless the sale goes through, Chelsea surely can't buy him with FFP and they also will prioritise a Striker, Liverpool likely won't pay the fee/wages. Arsenal clearly wanted Caicedo, so if they went back in again we would likely be his best option unless he wants to go abroad, and don't see any options who will pay the fee. Don't think it's impossible it could happen. 

Edited by mondonewc

9 minutes ago, Big River said:

he's made 36 appearances in the Prem... bit early to say he's better than Rice, no?

I don't think so personally. He has dominated against most midfields in the league. It's not just 2-3 games where he's shown what he is capable of. I see people on here and other forums saying that Bruno is one of the best PL CM. He hasn't played tons of games either really.

4 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

We have over achieved based on expectations, but it isn’t based on luck. It’s based on doing all the right things. 

Not to mention we were showing this same form second half of last season as well, so it's just who we are now, not really over-achieving at all. You can have one spawny season maybe, but this is over a year of rock solid performances, and the football's getting better if anything.

6 hours ago, McCormick said:

Been watching Ugarte closely since our link to him. Not entirely convinced currently; seen him in 3 full matches and I can count the amount of times he’s passed the ball forwards on one hand. Silky on the ball and great defensively but he’s got this annoying habit of always taking too long to release a progressive ball and then making the safest pass backwards. Still young but for how we like to break quickly, I think he’d infuriate fans (especially if the rumoured 50 million price tag is true).

Watched him a few times recently and I know what you mean. I think I agree with you.

I was reading up on Haidara yesterday and watching some scouting clips of his, and I think I'm now leaning more towards him, especially because he has a wicked long range shot, which I would like our 6 to be able to unleash when just outside the box.

Haidara is just a much more progressive and confident passer and is also really versatile. He'd play the 6 role closer to the style Bruno currently does while adding more athleticism and speed defensively to help better protect the defenders.

I’m thinking that we will make a statement signing in central midfield with someone that goes straight into the first team alongside Bruno. I’m hoping it’s someone like Rice, but it will be hard to take him away from West Ham when they don’t need to sell. Didn’t Moyes say recently that they value him at closer to £150m than half of that sum. Would be interesting to see if he tries to force a move this summer 

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

I’m thinking that we will make a statement signing in central midfield with someone that goes straight into the first team alongside Bruno. I’m hoping it’s someone like Rice, but it will be hard to take him away from West Ham when they don’t need to sell. Didn’t Moyes say recently that they value him at closer to £150m than half of that sum. Would be interesting to see if he tries to force a move this summer 

Given his contract situation, they do need to sell if they want to get full value for him.

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

Given his contract situation, they do need to sell if they want to get full value for him.

This. Moyes can spaff on about wanting £500m if he likes, but they won't want to be holding onto a player entering the last year or two of his contract. Either he signs a new one, or they have to bite their lip and take the money which they will be lucky to get half of what he's talking about.

4 minutes ago, TRon said:

This. Moyes can spaff on about wanting £500m if he likes, but they won't want to be holding onto a player entering the last year or two of his contract. Either he signs a new one, or they have to bite their lip and take the money which they will be lucky to get half of what he's talking about.

Moyes won’t be there in the summer to have a say anyways 

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Moyes won’t be there in the summer to have a say anyways 

Fair point. He'll soon join the ranks of former PFMs ditched by the wayside. Maybe he'll get a job on Soccer Saturday or something.