Kieran Trippier 'hopefully back soon' (Howe)

Yorkie

Just now, joeyt said:

You're not advocating playing Dummett over Kieran Trippier are you :lol:

Seems a better plan than consistently playing someone who is absolutely fucking knackered and gifting goals to the opposition left right and centre. :lol:

Consistently playing him despite his fuck ups isn't working.

Just now, Rod said:

Any fucker bar him.  Yes, I'm that annoyed!

I think he should get a break for mental purposes and also to recharge his batteries. He's probably our best or second best player after Bruno. No need for us to overreact to a few bad matches. 

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Who are you playing instead?

Timo is more than capable of covering for a few games. If Tripps needs a break we should be giving him it, it'll be killing him making these big mistakes and if his issues are mental at the moment then that's the last thing he needs. 

Just now, Sufi said:

I think he should get a break for mental purposes and also to recharge his batteries. He's probably our best or second best player after Bruno. No need for us to overreact to a few bad matches. 

He's been shite for ages, he's a dwarf and yes I'm still furious.

Is age catching up on him, possibly. But people seem to have very short memories, he’s been constantly one of our best and most consistent players, he’s going through a rough patch and nobody knows what’s going on in his personal life. 

2 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Anyone that isn't single handedly throwing away games. He needs a rest and a reset.

We were in the semi finals until "super star" Trippier came on and f#cked up.  So annoyed!

Just now, nufcnick said:

Is age catching up on him, possibly. But people seem to have very short memories, he’s been constantly one of our best and most consistent players, he’s going through a rough patch and nobody knows what’s going on in his personal life. 

Most of us are just saying he needs to be dropped / get a rest short term. Havent given up on him whatsoever.

5 minutes ago, Rod said:

He's been shite for ages, he's a dwarf and yes I'm still furious.

Rub your ears. Drink some decaffeinated tea. Have a bath. 

It's not the end of the world and it's almost embarrassing how some people are reacting to this. 

You could point to him signing for us as one of the 3 transformative moments since the takeover. Sure he's cost us a few games this month but I don't think people should be reacting in this way. Maybe you need a rest along with Trips. It's been a tough few weeks for all of us. 

Edited by Sufi

There is no argument against that his signing is one of this club's finest value for money as well as most impactful to date in terms of player quality and character and leadership he's brought into the squad. His goals when he first arrived played a massive part in taking us off the foot of the table.

All of this is considered and not forgotten. Even his assists to date are not forgotten. The lad at his peak for us is a cut above.

The Everton, Spurs and Chelsea games have shown that he is entering a phase that shows he is capable of glaring errors and the disappointing thing is the quick succession these have happened (and sometimes more than once in a game). I really hope a bit of competition and a rest would do him the world of good. I say "I hope" and not "I am certain" because the reality is for the assumption I made earlier about it possibly being the start of showing signs of age related decline, nobody really knows what the definite case here is except himself and Howe. Even the ones assuming its purely physical/mental fatigue (which I am sure plays a part but I don't know if you can fully attribute it to it).

Edited by Amir_9

Trippier was being rested, then the dirty scum that is Chelsea injured Krafth.

Eddie's left with a dilemma then. Move Tino to RB and bring on Hall or Dummett or go with Tripps.

He's went with what on paper should have been the better choice. Obviously it hasn't worked but there's definitely rationale behind the decision.

We've been so fucking unlucky this season like. Chelsea should have at least been down to 10 men after 2 minutes, possibly 9 with the challenge on Krafth. 

Footballs a tough game, you can tell he looked absolutely defeated when he missed that pen. I'm sure he'll bounce back. He was one of the reasons we ended up staying up btw, as well as making top 4. Let's not turn on him so quickly after he showed some faith in us lads.

Feel bad for him. Not a coincidence that these errors seem to happen away from home when we forget how to keep the ball, the front 6 go into their shells and he’s got no one to exchange with. Also it’s blatantly obvious and has been for a while he doesn’t like playing next to Lascelles.