Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

3 minutes ago, FCB said:

Trippier is arse and the sooner Livramento replaces him, the better.

The last two weeks do not eradicate the previous nearly two years of Tripps being a key reason for how good we've become, he's just going through a tough time as players sometimes do, he'll get past it.

Just now, OverThere said:

Against cloggers like Luton, rest Trips and play Dummett at LB, Livro RB

They're not cloggers, and to think so doesn't do them justice. They'll be direct and put us under pressure, but we should have enough to ease past them, injuries or not.

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

They're not cloggers, and to think so doesn't do them justice. They'll be direct and put us under pressure, but we should have enough to ease past them, injuries or not.

Direct is perfect for a Dummett stop gap performance 

4 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

Think Howe should've protected him tonight and insisted he didn't take a pen. 

He's having a bad period after being amazing for two years, everyone has a right to be pissed off, this one hurts me the most of all our results this season, but ffs given him your support.

Nah no chance, he’s made mistakes but he’s not going to say “sorry son not you tonight” 😂

1 minute ago, Bimpy474 said:

Even Arsenal and Man City couldn't ease past them.

We'd better be ready for their direct and physical style of play.

Not a great game for Trippier, has to be said, as he will have to deal with a lot of pace, physicality, long balls and crosses into the box.

If you’re being harsh, he’s been directly at fault for 6 of the last 10 goals we’ve conceded. I don’t think he should be starting Saturday when Livramento is playing well and Tripps isn’t. 

Something’s going on with him away from football as his head doesn’t seem with it. 

Edited by Jordan
Correction

5 minutes ago, Jordan said:

If you’re being harsh, he’s been directly at fault for 6 of the last 10 goals we’ve conceded. I don’t think he should be starting Saturday when Livramento is playing well and Tripps isn’t. 

Something’s going on with him away from football as his head doesn’t seem with it. 

No room for sentiment we need to pick the best team to win games and at the minute I wouldn't put Trippier in. He'll be back to his best soon enough though I'm sure.

Edited by WideopenMag

24 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

We're struggling for creativity at times, taking out the most creative player in the team for Dummett would be dreadful. 

I'm not disagreeing with you but ........ I can almost gurantee that you haven't even seen Dummett play.

Edited by Rod

Does he need the captain's armband back to get his head focussed again? Yeah I know he has played well even without it but I see a more confident Tripps when he has that responsibility on him. When Jamaal is the captain, Tripps is also vocal leading the team too but perhaps his own game has been affected by not being on his toes most of the time when he isn't the captain? Just my perspective.

He made errors last season too, or got done for pace, but this is a weirdly obvious drop in form, suggesting an injury or possibly some off-field thing affecting him mentally. He was sent home from England, after all.

He's hit something like 400 crosses since August 2022, 150 than anyone else in the Premier League. With only Almiron available, he pretty much has to play. Thanks to the emergence of Miley, maybe against soft touch teams, we could play Joelinton LW and switch Gordon to the right. I can't see our right side being effective with Miggy but no Trippier. Murphy can get to the line and would place less creative responsibility on our RB, but he's not available.

Quite amusing seeing my FB littered with people standing up for him saying we need to get behind him despite mountains of posts constantly slagging off shola, perez, rafa, joselu, joelinton(the Bruce version obvs) Maybe I'm daft but I always thought we should support every player through thick or thin regardless..... 

8 hours ago, FCB said:

Trippier is arse and the sooner Livramento replaces him, the better.

Fickle! He's not arse at all he's just having a bad spell. Are you 1 of the ones that thinks everyone is shit and needs replacing as soon as we lose a game? Get a grip man.