Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

Its a difficult one to judge I think. 

Just looking at some of the best full backs. Lahm retired at 34, Alba moved to MLS at 33, Neville (i know) was pretty much done at 34, Cole left Chelsea at 34, Zabaleta left City at 32, Cafu played on at Milan until 38, Walker still looking good at 33. Trippier will be 34 in September, he's obviously ridiculously fit and a great professional but in a league as demanding as the PL he'll only have so long left as an elite. Personally, I think despite a drop off in form, he's easily got another two seasons in him, especially if we're able to rotate with Livramento. 

He might feel that he could play on in the Bundesliga more than he could in the PL. It depends what Bayern are offering, contract wise too. 

4 minutes ago, Beren said:

There is something to be said for him being a progress stopper for Tino, but then again Tino could probably learn a fair bit from him too. It's a no-lose situation IMO.

I'd probably be marginally in favour of shifting him if we can recoup £20m+.

Same I think if we got an offer of £20m plus we couldn't turn that down he's 33. 

38 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

If we got a fee of £15m-£25m I could see the logic given his age, but if its a loan it doesn't benefit us at all. Unless he wants out of course. Harry Kane and Eric Dier's families being over there eliminate any homesick feelings for his missus.

Imagine if it again is simply family related? Let’s say the ‘playing away’ was all bollocks and his wife/him feel so unsettled by the burglary (maybe even the abuse from the crowd? Though seems a bigger stretch) and he’s agreed to move, perhaps to join families she/they get on with? 

How much could this just be the German press knowing Bayern want him, he's mates with Kane and Dier and just assuming he'd go? They're probably not used to them being knocked back by a player or club. 

We saw the way the Italian press went on when we were linked with Botman along with Milan that they just assumed he'd end up over there. 

1 minute ago, wormy said:

Well further to my previous posts if we squeezed £25m out of them then I'd accept we've made the best of a shit situation. :lol:

£25m and I'd see it as good business, but the opposite at £10m.

2 hours ago, Andy said:

Where did I mention anything about the rumours regarding his extra-marital activities?

Is the burglary at his home not a personal issue as and of itself? It could certainly warrant him wanting to leave if his family don't feel safe in the area. There could also be other issues going on behind the scenes that involve neither of these things. There's clearly something up with him.

He was knackered doesn’t mean there’s anything up with him. He’s 33 and played 10 games in 30 days playing 90 mins for most if not all of them. 

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

I think you can register a certain number of players who have played CL for other clubs that season.

Apart from the possible personal reasons, he may also be tempted by having 1-2 final attempts at winning the Champions League, which he never has.