Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

50 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

I would rather newcastle come 7th than England winning the World Cup 

Nah, not for 7th.

I've historically always said I'd take Newcastle winning the League Cup over a World Cup win for England, but that's been based on Newcastle having no prospect of winning anything, ever. Now the weight has shifted and although we've still won sod-all, winning something is a realistic expectation now so the needle almost moves on preferring us to win the League Cup vs an England WC win. But not quite yet.

But not for 7th place. That would be nothing new. We've been there and done that many times in my life, and it's quite likely to happen this year.

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Nah, not for 7th.

I've historically always said I'd take Newcastle winning the League Cup over a World Cup win for England, but that's been based on Newcastle having no prospect of winning anything, ever. Now the weight has shifted and although we've still won sod-all, winning something is a realistic expectation now so the needle almost moves on preferring us to win the League Cup vs an England WC win. But not quite yet.

But not for 7th place. That would be nothing new. We've been there and done that many times in my life, and it's quite likely to happen this year.

Just my opinion 

I thought he was brilliant today. I often feel early on in matches. He looks as if he is going to have a tough game and seems a bit exposed defensively. But then he just adjusts, gets his positioning sorted and settles into the game and he’s fine. 

Bit wasteful a couple of times with his passing near the end. But he just oozes class with everything he does. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

I thought he was brilliant today. I often feel early on in matches. He looks as if he is going to have a tough game and seems a bit exposed defensively. But then he just adjusts, gets his positioning sorted and settles into the game and he’s fine. 

Bit wasteful a couple of times with his passing near the end. But he just oozes class with everything he does. 

Couldn’t agree more. Delivery was reliable as always too. Probably MOM for me alongside Schar.

7 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Is he one of to best five rb’s I. The world?

who is better?

TAA, James, Cancelo? Who else?

Hakimi, Walker, James and that’s about it I think. He’s better than TAA. Cancelo isn’t anywhere near the player at right back as he is at left back.