Kieran Trippier: targeting return for Brighton (h) (Hope)

Yorkie

8 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I can't remember us having a dominant period like this honestly since the start of 94/95 and 95/96

Definitely not. 01-03 was overrunning teams but... We didn't send tremors through the game like we have lately.

9 hours ago, 80 said:

Definitely not. 01-03 was overrunning teams but... We didn't send tremors through the game like we have lately.

December 2001 probably when we were hovering around the top places then beat two title contenders away from home back to back going into Xmas top of the league. Remember a quote from Ron Atkinson randomly where he said he thought after the Arsenal win we were just keeping top place warm for one of the other teams but after the Leeds win he thought we could win it.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

3 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

December 2001 probably when we were hovering around the top places then beat two title contenders away from home back to back going into Xmas top of the league. Remember a quote from Ron Atkinson randomly where he said he thought after the Arsenal win we were just keeping top place warm for one of the other teams but after the Leeds win he thought we could win it.

Great times :)

But yeah, there was often an element of patronisation around for us then. Even when we were flying, journalists would often pester Robson, asking about how old he felt and why doesn't he go and put his feet up in a garden shed. He was in his late 60s. Funnily enough, when Alex Ferguson hit that age, I don't remember him receiving the same treatment.

8 hours ago, huss9 said:

beating leeds and arsenal to go top at xmas under SBR.

We'd already lost 4 times by that point like. I feel like we've been brilliant for most of the season and shouldn't even have lost the one match that we have.

He’s fucking class, such a shame he’s at the tail end of his career. We need to get a quality young right back in who he can help mould before he hangs up his boots. The one thing you can’t replicate easily is his ability to deliver a dead ball into a dangerous area accurately. It always gives us a great option 

43 minutes ago, bigfella said:

To the tune of Long Way to Tipperary:

"I've got a bonk-on for Trippier, me

I've got a bonk-on I know..."

:coolsmiley:

Kieran trippier, there’s nobody nippier, he’ll tackle you and cripple yer, Kieran trippier - me and another very occasional forumite been singing this to ourselves since the summer 

16 hours ago, Theregulars said:

Kieran trippier, there’s nobody nippier, he’ll tackle you and cripple yer, Kieran trippier - me and another very occasional forumite been singing this to ourselves since the summer 

Fun. I've been calling my dog Kieran Nippier when she's being bitey.