Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

That's a real shame because he's been fantastic.

He's already played a massive part in building up the momentum over the last few weeks.

Thankfully if Palace progress in the FA Cup we might have quite a big rest between Chelsea on 13th March and Spurs on 2 April, though I can see one of our games in hand slotting in there.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

That's a real shame because he's been fantastic.

He's already played a massive part in building up the momentum over the last few weeks.

Thankfully if Palace progress in the FA Cup we might have quite a big rest between Chelsea on 13th March and Spurs on 2 April, though I can see one of our games in hand slotting in there.

Everton have Boreham Wood so would expect them to progress, Southampton have West Ham at home so fingers crossed they win as well.

He's been huge on the field, but thankfully he seems to have made a huge impression off the field.

As a collective we are pulling in the right direction. That's said I hope he's not out too long[emoji38]

I guess we won't have an idea until we know what bone he has broken and the severity of it.  But any idea on how long he will be out? 

If we could somehow keep picking up points in the easier fixtures and keep our heads above water.  Then getting Trippier and hopefully Wilson back for the last 5-6 games or so, would be a massive boost. 

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/trippier-sustains-foot-fracture/?njhugyt

Newcastle United defender Kieran Trippier is set to be sidelined for the club's upcoming fixtures after fracturing a bone in his foot during Sunday's 1-0 victory over Aston Villa.

The 31-year-old scored the game's only goal at St. James' Park to help the Magpies to a third successive Premier League win, but had to be substituted early in the second half after sustaining a foot injury.

Trippier underwent an X-ray immediately after the game and scans have shown a fracture to the fifth metatarsal bone in his left foot.

Everyone at the club wishes Kieran a speedy recovery.

Fracture and not a break, so thats a positive atleast. 

1 hour ago, LRD said:

Just our luck that our first choice and backup RBs are ruled out for weeks in the same match.

Not to mention our best striker being already missing for three months. We are going to have to do it the hard way.

Not that I've ever had reason to care about the difference between a fractured bone and a broken bone, but a quick Google suggests they are the same thing? 

Hopefully the spirit and confidence Trippier has infected the squad with will see them through without him for a few weeks, as it did yesterday in the end.