Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

The Kick Off is at its absolute best when they're being serious imo. The super league episode was excellent and the latest episode on Chelsea is really good too. I'd much rather listen to seemingly normal people with genuine passion for their club and football talk about things they're intimately familiar with than even the very best journalists who still pontificate a bit and can be a bit alienating.

Slightly self indulgent so apologies, but when Rory's not being massively partisan he makes a lot of points about the way football's going, his views on Abramovich, and especially in the super league episode, that reminds me of how experiencing Mike Ashley and the takeover lead me to  wondering about capitalism, society, tribalism, material interests and so on in general. Has anyone else had a similar sort of thing happen to them because of football or Ashley?

I'd say the whole takeover gave me probably the greatest microscopic scan of my own morals and ethics in my adult life. 

I'd also say the ownership of Ashley is one aspect that convinced me to leave home (genuinely). 

Decent interview. Says he hasn’t spoken to the players about what went on before he arrived, his mind is on going forward. Said the plan is to stay up, build and build and then go for the title. Spoke highly of Simeone, Howe, Shelvey, Lascelles, Joelinton and ASM. 

Talked about going into coaching, wants to be around the place as much as he can so his presence is felt in the dressing room. Has a really good professional mindset and comes across really well. 

Mentioned the players appreciate the work Wood puts in off the ball, believes the goals will come. 

Believes Howe will be a top manager, he has noticed the changes in him from their time together at Burnley. Said he is tough on the players. 

Has never seen a player like ASM before. Understands the frustration from the fans when he doesn’t play the pass after doing the hard work. 

Said if he was interested in the money, he would have stayed at Atletico. 

Asked about Bruno, says he was aware of him before he signed. Impressive in training and his face lit up when he said he is a “top, top player”. 

Edited by Ste

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Can't wait for him to get back and score some more goals so we can all pick a different one for our profile pics

haha didn’t realize wormy and I have the same damn one 

Really enjoyed that. Such a sound and considered guy. Great to have a player of that level of thought and intelligence being an influence on our club again. And actively being encouraged to do it by the club. The change in how the club wants to be heard and seen by the fans has been beyond measure. And the role this lad has taken in all that already has been amazing. 2 months he's been here. Unreal.

He’s played a handful of matches and his presence is still felt. I’m genuinely wondering what’s achievable with a fully fit Trip with the armband and our team firing next season. 

He’s a top lad, early in the interview he unintentionally buries Steve Bruce, they were talking about the squad being unfit and he said something like “if you have lots of time off, that’s how it’s going to look on the pitch”

Even typing that out I’m getting angry thinking about Bruce trying to defend that by saying it’s what his “sports scientist” advised.