Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

We're likely going to start paying wages you see big clubs pay in the top 7-10 clubs. We've been a joke for so long because our wage structure has been shit and although it may seem high year on relative to commercial income and tunrover - our revenues are absolute joke. 

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

I mean I'm not one of the overly impatient ones and I'm relaxed about the process, but I'll about I'm constantly baffled why we seen to only when think of picking up the phone on January 1st.

That's just the time you can register players. You can agree fees and personal terms any time you like and then just press the "go" button when the window opens. Why do we never seem to do that?!

Jut because it isn't splattered all owa twitter doesn't mean we're not talking.

Hopefully they can get this done, would be a great statement signing to open the window with. 

Bringing in someone like Trippier will undoubtedly have a snowball effect on attracting other players. 

35 minutes ago, Manxst said:

£160k pw has been mentioned. 

For context, Luke Shaw is on about the same at the club currently in seventh position. Digne is supposedly on 120k a week at the club in fifteenth.

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

MAN I'M BUZZING. LEGIT

Still pinching myself. We rarely brought in any big signings in January windows under Ashley and now this as a first signing under the new regime :sweetjesus:

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Before my time. Was a toss up between Hughes or Griffin for moi.

John Anderson was a proper defender as Graeme Souness would say. Meaning he was big, strong, and had two left feet.