Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

24 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I mean I'm not one of the overly impatient ones and I'm relaxed about the process, but I'll about I'm constantly baffled why we seen to only when think of picking up the phone on January 1st.

That's just the time you can register players. You can agree fees and personal terms any time you like and then just press the "go" button when the window opens. Why do we never seem to do that?!

It sounds like you are tbh. It has been literally four days - how many other clubs have made signings? 1 or 2 at most? It gives our fans a reputation when we start to piss and moan this early in the process. Let's face it, none of us have any idea how the transfer process works - it's all well and good saying we should have lined it up by Jan 1st but there are so many different factors involved that probably make it impossible to do so. 

21 minutes ago, Robster said:

Well done to the club if they pull this off. Fantastic.
This club is attractive to high calibre players if we get everything right.

It would be an amazing signing considering who he is, and where he's coming from. And considering we are 19th in the table. A real slap across the chops for those who were saying "who would go to Newcastle?" 

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

It would be an amazing signing considering who he is, and where he's coming from. And considering we are 19th in the table. A real slap across the chops for those who were saying "who would go to Newcastle?" 

Aye, plenty NEVER learn this lesson though. Quite a few on here as well.

59 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

I mean I'm not one of the overly impatient ones and I'm relaxed about the process, but I'll about I'm constantly baffled why we seen to only when think of picking up the phone on January 1st.

That's just the time you can register players. You can agree fees and personal terms any time you like and then just press the "go" button when the window opens. Why do we never seem to do that?!

Every person on here who has said that or similar is.

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Seriously can't believe this is happening, a full fledge world class full back who is absolute quality in attack and defense. 

Very good sign if we managed to persuade him. Let’s hope the other signings are in the same mould.