Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

25 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

I liked how as he was putting the ball down for the free kick he was chirping at the ref, asking some questions about decisions and getting his point across quietly and confidently. Great to see him applying some subtle pressure to an official as well as going into full shithouse mode winding up their players.

We've really lacked that cocky attitude.

:thup:  Think that winner's attitude really rubbed off on the rest of the team too, in the end we just wanted it more than Everton. A lot more.

2 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

What I found telling was after Everton squandered a chance in the first half, it went out for a goal kick. He was straight over to Dubs telling him to calm it and take time to quash any momentum.

I then glanced over to Captain Calamity, who was trudging back out of the 18-yard box with his head down. No communication at all. Strip the armband ASAP tbh.

Nah. Lascelles is responding to Trippier's influence and put in one of his best performances, last night. Trippier is already a captain and we'd get nothing extra by making it official. Whereas we could lose a lot by stripping Lascelles.

I think it's time to bury the hatchet with past performances, there isn't a single player in the revised squad that doesn't deserve full support.

2 hours ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

What I found telling was after Everton squandered a chance in the first half, it went out for a goal kick. He was straight over to Dubs telling him to calm it and take time to quash any momentum.

I then glanced over to Captain Calamity, who was trudging back out of the 18-yard box with his head down. No communication at all. Strip the armband ASAP tbh.

I didn't want to slag Lascelles in that post because I thought he had a good game TBH and the OG wasn't his fault. I can see why he's keeping Lascelles as captain as it basically means we have two.

31 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Early prediction that this guy will be a top manager.

Was thinking the exact same thing watching it last night. It's like a managers interview. He is a clear born winner in that interview. Bit of pure intensity and just a higher level of thinking and focus. 

Crazy he plays for us. Watched the game back and he is just insane all game.

36 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Nah. Lascelles is responding to Trippier's influence and put in one of his best performances, last night. Trippier is already a captain and we'd get nothing extra by making it official. Whereas we could lose a lot by stripping Lascelles.

I think it's time to bury the hatchet with past performances, there isn't a single player in the revised squad that doesn't deserve full support.

Could see them celebrating tackles a la Chiellini and Bonucci. Class.

20 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Is Trippier mixed race? Just noticed in his interviews. Not on some EDL shit obvs.

Father is mixed race iirc. As a mixed race person myself, I can’t help thinking we’d have beautiful babies together. 

In all seriousness he’s every bit the world class rb I thought we’d be getting when we signed him. Immense player and a real winner.

I'm sure he's simply enjoying the love from the fans in general right now but I can see him carving himself a real lasting adoration from the fans with being the first player we couldn't have previously dreamed of to give this new era a chance.

Could truly end up being the on-field symbol of our rise if the rest of this season goes right.

4 hours ago, Dr Venkman said:

Others have probably mentioned this already but I was sat right behind the gallowgate goal and he literally picked our players up out of the goal after Everton scored. You could see him willing the team to victory throughout the whole game. He's a really special player, the most important signing we've made in god knows how long.

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier as it's something I immediately noticed too

Lascelles had head in hands, Targett and Schar were on the floor feeling sorry for themselves whereas Trippier immediately grabbed the ball and then got the pair of them up

Like I said yesterday, he's the real owner of this team, give him the city and stadium keys to do as he pleases.

Oozes class with every action.

Hoping Fernandinho will do the same to our team when he (hopefully)comes back July.

Even in his interview he comes across as such a stud.

Loved his banter with Ryan Fraser in his full NUFC.co.uk interview “look at him with that box of pizza, I’m taller than you Fraze!”. Really does seem like the kind of player with the aura, discipline and intelligence to one day become a very good manager.

Him and Howe is a great partnership. can't help feeling that a lot of Trippier's mentality was forged when he was playing for Howe, early on. The speed with which he joined us was remarkable, and could only have been down to his eagerness to work together again.

32 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Yeah, I mentioned that earlier as it's something I immediately noticed too

Lascelles had head in hands, Targett and Schar were on the floor feeling sorry for themselves whereas Trippier immediately grabbed the ball and then got the pair of them up

Yep. As I said I didn't want to crucify Lascelles for it as it wasn't his fault and we'd all be head in hands if we'd just scored an own goal, but it was class from KT.

1 hour ago, Happinesstan said:

Early prediction that this guy will be a top manager.

He’s playing for the right coach at this stage of his career if that’s what he wants to do when he hangs up his boots.