Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

Damn, hope he's fit but better to not risk exacerbating long term if needs be.

Loved  Fraser's interview when he talks about both of them on the right being the shortest players on the pitch but how it feels like he's got a monster next to him :snod:

9 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Pessimist in me says he'll prolong the injury if he plays against Villa, this is Newcastle after all, and on that basis I'd be more comfortable if he was rested. 

I believe in Manq! Would hate to lose Trippier for weeks and weeks.

6 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

If he's out, I would start Bruno - no tactical reason but think it would galvanise the crowd who might otherwise be gutted that KT isn't playing.

They'll be gutted, but that will galvanise them. I know what you're saying, but I think if Trippier is out then you replace him and don't mess with anything else. Bringing on Bruno at 60 mins will revitalise the crowd, if needed.

I'm worried playing him if he's not 100%. We've seen some decisions that Howe.has made that we haven't agreed with, like playing Clark and then we're fucked by the decision. Gut feeling, don't play him if there is even a 5% chance he can damage it further. We're NUFC, not all good things ever stay the same.

Not his first muscle* injury in recent seasons by the looks of it. Don’t know if this is the same leg, but probably better to be safe than sorry if it is.

Manquillo isn’t Trippier, but he’s been decent for a good while now. The biggest loss will be on set pieces, but might be balanced out by having a 6’7” diversion to chuck into the mix alongside the CBs, Wood, and Joe.

43 minutes ago, Pardiola said:

Not his first groin injury in recent seasons by the looks of it. Don’t know if this is the same one, but probably better to be safe than sorry if it is.

Manquillo isn’t Trippier, but he’s been decent for a good while now. The biggest loss will be on set pieces, but might be balanced out by having a 6’7” diversion to chuck into the mix alongside the CBs, Wood, and Joe.

Calf injury isn’t it?? 

Any risk and we should sit him out. I would say it ups the pressure to play Bruno in midfield, because we'll need someone to play through instead.

With both new fullbacks out for this game, some expectations management might be wise.

17 minutes ago, Peppe said:

How many women do you have? :kasper:

With a card like that, you have to think “how many women could I get!”

Lol, no I’m being a big kid. When I was a child in the early 1990s, my bedroom wall was covered in posters of newcastle players from Match magazine and the like. Steve Watson, Clarke, Super Les, Peacock, Ruel Fox etc. That card makes me want to do that all over again! (Must put them up when the Mrs is away)