Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

I suspect that had a lot to do with his strong desire to sign.

Definitely, he maybe sees a lot of himself in Howe and vice versa. Driven, articulate, hard working, passionate, he’s had to work his way to the top from the bottom and extremely intelligent when it comes to the game in general, on and off the pitch.

To echo the sentiment of others on here, I am both shocked and surprised the impact a right-back could have on a team. It's not a position that first comes to mind when trying to fix the many issues in a struggling team. However, his signing has been immense. He's like the Shearer of right-backs, brings a superior air of command, confidence, grit and elite quality, which I did not expect. A beautiful man, to boot. 

22 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Any indication on fitness status?

Mentioned this the other night but in his post match on NUFCTV there was absolutely no mention at all of the injury, and Trippier was doing the usual soundbites about preparing for the next game. You wouldn't have thought he'd come off with a knock as he appeared to do. 

10 hours ago, DJ_NUFC said:

To echo the sentiment of others on here, I am both shocked and surprised the impact a right-back could have on a team. It's not a position that first comes to mind when trying to fix the many issues in a struggling team. However, his signing has been immense. He's like the Shearer of right-backs, brings a superior air of command, confidence, grit and elite quality, which I did not expect. A beautiful man, to boot. 

Sat in the East Stand on Tuesday night and you can see its Trippier organising the defence. He’s talking to our players, holding the line and as shown after conceding, dragging us up off the canvas. 

Can’t remember too many Spurs fans who were sad at him leaving at the time. I think working with Simeone has made him into a much better defender and a complete full back.

We knew he’d be a massive upgrade on the utter shite we’ve been used to at full back but  as you say, didn’t expect him to have such an impact.

29 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

Any indication on fitness status?

Heard he had something of a calf niggle at the end, but presumably it was just an after effect of a gruelling game and shouldn't keep him out on Sunday, since we've heard nothing since.

Wherever the new owners take us to over the next few years,I feel like a large part of it will be thanks to the influence that Trippier will have on the squad, to have him join at this point of the transition is perfect,  and it really feels like we couldn't have got a better player to shape the future of the club around.

His reaction to us conceding was magnificent - ran and got the ball out the net and and shouted and encouraged every player!

As has been said, I knew he was good but Jesus, not this good! A leader and he comes across like an extremely good egg!

£12 million [emoji38]

Noticed that too. He was also the first person that Lascelles ran to when he forced that Everton OG.

Think with him in the back 4 it gives Lascelles a bit of guidance, composure and improved positional awareness that he’s been lacking since Lejeune partnered him.

Edited by McCormick

6 minutes ago, Nine said:

£12m for him honestly might prove to be one of the best value for money deals we’ve ever done in 2/3 years time. 

I'd say maybe in world football, the way he dictates the whole mood team is amazing.