Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

6 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

It’s incredible that a right back is consistently up there with the most assists. Besides Howe, he’s the best thing that has happened to us since the takeover.

He's only a right back when the opposition have the ball.

Was speaking to a couple of mates watching the Brighton-Liverpool game about players who just fit a system, that wouldn't necessarily be so good elsewhere.  Or players that you don't really notice how good they are until you see them regularly.  

I obviously went to town on how good Trippier is and that I didn't appreciate him until we signed him.  As a leader, with his passing, his first touch.  Just everything, basically.  Then 5 minutes later he put that ball in for Isak and it totally proved my point. 

Some player.  Technically, I think he might be the best footballer I've seen supporting the club (born in 89).   

The one truly irreplaceable player we have at the moment, what he offers us on and off the pitch isn’t something you can just dip into the market and buy back when it goes. He’s an ultimate professional, that should bode well as far as longevity providing he/we get lucky with his fitness. The most important signing since Shearer.

Edited by Nine

For the number of chances he creates I'm not sure there is a better attacking full back. He's been tremendous this season, and has a brilliant understanding with Bruno and Miggy, almost empathic with his ability to find space. They must spend hours working on the patterns of play. He's going to play a pivotal role in brining on tino and hall.