Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

1 minute ago, TRon said:

At this point I'm not even sure if people are on the wind up. :lol:

You wouldnt accept 15mill or you don't think Tino would have started ?

Just now, madras said:

You wouldnt accept 15mill or you don't think Tino would have started ?

No one offered £15m in January, why would they do it now? Does anyone do that any more for a 34 year old full back?

13 minutes ago, TRon said:

Never heard that figure before your post, the general consensus was that their offer was £12m and some on here thought we might get £20m.

A timeline came out soon after it concluded. I forget the source, but supposedly it was something stupid like: 1st offer - Free transfer, 2nd offer - £2.5m, 3rd and final offer - £6m. It was a shocker and made telling them to get stuffed sound a lot more reasonable.

Just now, TRon said:

No one offered £15m in January, why would they do it now? Does anyone do that any more for a 34 year old full back?

Did Bayern want him on a free ?

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:
8 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Yeah, that's fair. But they also sold Varane for £60m. Wasn't he considered to be one of the very best central defenders at the time? Or am I not remembering it correctly. I guess to people that didn’t watch Real - yeh. He has the name and reputation.  

Yeah, probably wasn't the best examples, sure there are better ones.

5 minutes ago, madras said:

Did Bayern want him on a free ?

There's a pretty large gap between free and £15m tbf, and that's because both are totally unrealistic.

12 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Tbf to him. His mistakes this year have been mostly brain farts. The type he had at Spurs and earlier. That bozo side has come back in big style. I don’t think it’s a decline in terms of defensive lapses. More a return to his level. 

Yeah, this is true.

Unfortunately, I think he is also less confident in his physical abilities too, and can't make up for some of these errors, which further compounds things.

Just now, TRon said:

There's a pretty large gap between free and £15m tbf, and that's because both are totally unrealistic.

Any idea what they offered? I heard 12. Saudi tax 15 isn't hard to imagine.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, this is true.

Unfortunately, I think he is also less confident in his physical abilities too, and can't make up for some of these errors, which further compounds things.

His set pieces which used to look deadly also seem to be fading into distant memory. Not really sure why as age shouldn't really make a difference there.

Just now, TRon said:

His set pieces which used to look deadly also seem to be fading into distant memory. Not really sure why as age shouldn't really make a difference there.

Oh my God ...

This really pissed me off today.

Gordon's set pieces have looked so much more dangerous since Trippier has been out.

Really annoying that Trippier just stepped back in taking them, despite not being great on them all season like you say.

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Oh my God ...

This really pissed me off today.

Gordon's set pieces have looked so much more dangerous since Trippier has been out.

Really annoying that Trippier just stepped back in taking them, despite not being great on them all season like you say.

That's something the management have to take responsibility for, mind.

I thought he was shit. But didn’t have a problem with his set pieces. From memory he picked out Bruno and I think Burn/Longstaff and they massively fucked up their headers. 

Perhaps could have rotated them with Gordon a bit more. Only let him have 1-2 when he was on, I think? 

For someone with his great attitude it was quite something seeing him barely move or make an effort to track back when he’d been level. He was fine going forward but defensively he looked like his legs were completely gone 

1 minute ago, 80 said:

That's something the management have to take responsibility for, mind.

I agree completely.

So for all the folks that claim we only ever praise the manager. This one is for you.

I think it was unacceptable that Gordon was taken off set pieces. And I'm not at all happy with the decision from the manager and his team.

Maybe for direct free kicks on goal he could have come back in, but absolutely nothing else.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I agree completely.

So for all the folks that claim we only ever praise the manager. This one is for you.

I think it was unacceptable that Gordon was taken off set pieces. And I'm not at all happy with the decision from the manager and his team.

Maybe for direct free kicks on goal he could have come back in, but absolutely nothing else.

Seemingly set pieces are delegated to Tindall and others.

I'm a defender of our set pieces generally, by the way. I think people have a habit of remembering Trippier's bad ones because he takes such an incredibly high number of them and usually very well. His stats speak for themselves.

I think the thing I'm least comfortable with is dragging him out of position onto the far left of the pitch for corners and the like. Seems to induce far more risk than opportunity considering who else we've got that can hit a dead ball well.

Anyone who's watched Trippier's career knows that he's got a rick in him, he even had a couple last season when he was our player of the season, but because of his age the assumption is that he's finished, which is just daft. He's clearly not fully fit as well. It'll be when his pace has completely gone that he'll be nearing the end. 

21 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Anyone who's watched Trippier's career knows that he's got a rick in him, he even had a couple last season when he was our player of the season, but because of his age the assumption is that he's finished, which is just daft. He's clearly not fully fit as well. It'll be when his pace has completely gone that he'll be nearing the end. 

I agree with this. 

I would still phase him out the side due to age though.  

That moment when he just gave up in the first half did feel like a nearing the end moment. Neville 2010 esque.

He's been the catalyst of our recovery under Howe but in hindsight we should have sold him to Munich. Hopefully when he's fully up to speed again we'll get at least one more good season out of him.

6 minutes ago, duo said:

The mistakes are down to lack of concentration and composure. Nothing to do with his legs going.

I dunno, he looked fucking knackered after about 20 minutes today.

Think there are some harsh posts here. He’s been out and hasn’t got his sharpness. He had a lapse or 2 one of which cost us. 
Unless it’s silly money I’d be happy to see him play for us next season. Would think he’s still got 1 good season left in him.
Ideally Tino would show enough in training and matches to play at least half the games. 

Just now, TRC said:

I dunno, he looked fucking knackered after about 20 minutes today.

he's going to be lacking match fitness but he totally switched off for their first goal. that was nothing to do with his legs.

He might be our starting left back at the Euros, I bet Southgate is not very happy with him jetting off to Australia next week.