Kieran Trippier

Yorkie

Apart from the Ryan Fraser stuff which was quickly dealt with by placing him in the reserves, I think this may be the first public show of discontent by a player since Howe joined

Just now, joeyt said:

Apart from the Ryan Fraser stuff which was quickly dealt with by placing him in the reserves, I think this may be the first public show of discontent by a player since Howe joined

If it’s true of course. Never heard any issues from EH (seemed a bit bemused by it all) and I’ve not heard anything come from KT yet unless I’ve missed it?

Wouldn’t be surprised if certain people in KTs camp… wether it being current or perhaps former enjoying stirring a bit of controversy.

Would hate to see a long drawn out divorce between us and Tripps as I’ve been a big fan, probably best if he had gone in the summer :undecided:

RE captaincy. Definitely needs to be a guaranteed starter so understand the move to Bruno. 

I suppose being a captain means you represent the highest standards of your club on and off the pitch. When the press break his story he’ll be glad his not the club talisman 

27 minutes ago, LFEE said:

If it’s true of course. Never heard any issues from EH (seemed a bit bemused by it all) and I’ve not heard anything come from KT yet unless I’ve missed it?

Wouldn’t be surprised if certain people in KTs camp… wether it being current or perhaps former enjoying stirring a bit of controversy.

You could be onto something there...

I would like us supporters to be a lot slower to believe bad things about people at the club who, going only by the evidence of our own eyes, have offered nothing but the utmost commitment to the club.

37 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

If he wants to start every week not really? He's 34. 

And without looking I'd guess a few of those clubs can offer some games in Europe, too?

Ignoring the obvious fact that is utterly pointless for us to agree to it, I don't see why it wouldn't be a good move for a year or two.

2 minutes ago, wormy said:

And without looking I'd guess a few of those clubs can offer some games in Europe, too?

Ignoring the obvious fact that is utterly pointless for us to agree to it, I don't see why it wouldn't be a good move for a year or two.

If he’s not living with his kids now I assume he still wants to take the chance to see them whenever he can. 

Pissing off to Turkey surely makes that more difficult?

Sounds to me like Tripper was probably told he wasn't going to play as much this season due to poor form last year and the emergence of Tino, he told Eddie he wanted to leave because of this which resulted in the captaincy being taken off him which is fair enough really . 

4 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

Sounds to me like Tripper was probably told he wasn't going to play as much this season due to poor form last year and the emergence of Tino, he told Eddie he wanted to leave because of this which resulted in the captaincy being taken off him which is fair enough really . 

More or less this imho. 

at this point if he moves on, it should only be January if we’re signing another capable RB. 

Hmmm..Beginning to miss him in the team from the start and also him as captain.

Composure, calmness, leadership amd experience.

Edited by nufcjb