Kieran Trippier: sidelined until late April (Hope)

Yorkie

11 minutes ago, joeyt said:

:lol: Tron still getting his left and right foots mixed up after all these years

Buzzing with this signing if it goes through

Not so much that with Trippier, I don't watch games apart from Newcastle for the most part, but I did watch Trippier play for England and I thought he looked a tremendous player. 

13 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

There was a tweet he put out (I can’t find it) that said it would be announced. We now know he was never really in the running.

We don't know anything of the sort.

All we know is that Howe was appointed. Anything else is speculation.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

We know the guy who tweeted that picture talked shit through the whole process though.

No we don't. We just know that in the end Fonseca didn't sign. We don't know how close it got or why he didn't sign.

Maybe he was incredibly close to signing and it all broke down at the last minute, and this journalist was right apart from a last-minute hiccup. Maybe he talked shit throughout. We don't know. All we know is that the outcome was that Fonseca didn't sign.

3 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

No we don't. We just know that in the end Fonseca didn't sign. We don't know how close it got or why he didn't sign.

Maybe he was incredibly close to signing and it all broke down at the last minute, and this journalist was right apart from a last-minute hiccup. Maybe he talked shit throughout. We don't know. All we know is that the outcome was that Fonseca didn't sign.

I do know he talked shit throughout and he continues to do so now, look through his tweets, not just about us but the amount of stuff he has got wrong.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

I do know he talked shit throughout and he continues to do so now, look through his tweets, not just about us but the amount of stuff he has got wrong.

Just because something doesn't happen doesn't mean the journalist talked shit. Thousands of transfers don't come off, thousands of true stories are kept quiet or denied by clubs.

I'm not defending the guy, I've read literally nothing he's ever written beyond the above Trippier Photoshop and I have no clue who the guy even is, and I don't care. I just think saying someone talked shit just because something didn't happen is a massive reach. No matter how close anything gets to happening, no matter the reasons for breakdown, no matter how much both sides wanted it, both sides will inevitably Derby there was ever any interest in order to save face.

Most transfers fail to happen. A journalist getting most things wrong proves nothing.

Again, maybe he does talk shit. I just don't think you can state with such authority that he definitely does.

Edited by Chris_R