Sven Botman

The Prophet

1 hour ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Woodgate-esque, but better because he’s not a smog.

Aye, was making the Woodgate comparison to somebody at work just the other day. He looks fucking class, well worth the pursuit. Always feel bad for defenders because they never (or rarely) get the plaudits they deserve but this lad will be massively important for us.

Edited by OpenC

One of our best signings, should be a mainstay of our back line for years and should only get better and better. Instantly improves the defense, particularly Schar, just by being on the pitch. Should be a continuous set-piece goal threat as well. Brilliant signing.

2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Probably our most underrated signing. I’m so glad we got him. Some partnership between him and Schar. 

I don't know if under-rated is what I'd call him, people were calling for him to replace Burn before the season began. I honestly don't particularly notice him when he plays, but when I do it isn't for an error. He certainly seems a quality addition that could be our lynchpin for years to come, but for now, I think, the system is everything and the fact the defence were practically anonymous today, fills me with great hope.

Just now, Myleftboot said:

We are very lucky to have this lad playing for us.

Nah, fuck that. He's lucky he chose to join us when things were kicking off. The guy will be a global superstar on his own merits, but his value will always depend on his decision to join us when he did.

18 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Nah, fuck that. He's lucky he chose to join us when things were kicking off. The guy will be a global superstar on his own merits, but his value will always depend on his decision to join us when he did.

:yao:

1 hour ago, BonesJones said:

Anyone notice how annoyed he gets when the offside goal went in? Really animated.

Rolls Royce as above said!

He was fuming when we conceded late last week, too. Great mentality.

3 hours ago, sixx said:

We’ve managed to sign an incredible spine in Pope, Botman and Bruno. Wow. I really can see him as world class in a couple of years.

and Isak - really excited to see how he develops under our coaches 

3 hours ago, buzza said:

He was for me, one of the best players on the pitch today, made defending look easy!!

This is spot on.  The true class of any player is they make the job look easy.  No sliding tackles or grabbing at an attacker going past you, just reading the game.  Watch Bruno in midfield.  He makes the job an absolute doddle without running all over the place.  Pure class, both of them.

1 hour ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Spent the game sitting next to his girlfriend and agent again today. Met him at full time. Doesn’t feel as massive and imposing in person, but a lovely chap 👍

ah that is class! Anything else worth sharing?

My only observation of him is that he’s too calm and that gets him in trouble. It’s great that he never wants to smash the ball away and is always looking to retain possession with a neat touch or control, but it isn’t good for my blood pressure 

7 hours ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Spent the game sitting next to his girlfriend and agent again today. Met him at full time. Doesn’t feel as massive and imposing in person, but a lovely chap 👍

Depends on how tall you are 😬