Sven Botman

The Prophet

9 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

It’s awful questioning like, is it the same lad we’ve had for years?

Need a refresh if it is.

Personally I would give the job to Pete Graves, I know some people on here aren't keen on him but I've been to a few events he's hosted and he's very good, clever with a quick wit  I imagine he could improve the whole production with his knowledge of Sky Sports.

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

The questions were painful. Sven says on multiple occasions that it's a dream to play in the PL. The interviewer then follows up by asking him if he's looking forward to playing in the PL. He doesn't do active listening, he has a list of questions and he's powering through.

Yeah I’ve noticed this before with one of the other signings. Targett maybe. It can be a hard watch. 

Sven did not look like he enjoyed being asked the same question. 

9 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Must be wierd being a footballer sometimes.

Get off a private jet, go straight to your new employer, get told to strip off :lol:

Much like a high-class hooker 

Some great content that. Got to see the first time Botman met Ashworth and Nickson face to face (although I'm sure there would have been a facetime or two), probably Mehrdad too.

I don't think it's a case of him bringing his family with him, I suspect his family are invited by the club, the same with Bruno. It seems a brilliant way of making a player feel welcome, by inviting his family to come and see the stadium etc. Wouldn't be surprised if the club didn't lay on some dinner in hospitality or something too.

The club is being run in an entirely different way.

I got the impression him and Nixon at least had met before as Nixon hugged him. Bit of a weird thing to do if you’ve only ever met on Zoom id have thought. 

2 minutes ago, LV said:

I got the impression him and Nixon at least had met before as Nixon hugged him. Bit of a weird thing to do if you’ve only ever met on Zoom id have thought. 

Great spot that. Wonder if they have had a friendly drink at some point.

The best part of being a chief scout is that no fucker would recognise you.

Just now, STM said:

Great spot that. Wonder if they have had a friendly drink at some point.

The best part of being a chief scout is that no fucker would recognise you.

They'll be recognised by those in the game I reckon.

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

He doesn’t look impressed by anything and that’s not a criticism, he seems a deadly serious guy and I think that is what we need, someone no nonsense, like a deadly killer, just out to do a job and get business done.

He’s got a humorous twinkle in his eyes too. He’d be someone that you wanted ‘in the trenches’ with you, the majority of the down time as well as the life or death situs. 

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

He doesn’t look impressed by anything and that’s not a criticism, he seems a deadly serious guy and I think that is what we need, someone no nonsense, like a deadly killer, just out to do a job and get business done.

He very much reminds me of my Dutch friend here in the US who has dry sense of humor and looks angry/serious all the time. Even talks similar. 

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He very much reminds me of my Dutch friend here in the US who has dry sense of humor and looks angry/serious all the time. Even talks similar. 

I’ve not any Dutch friends, but I’ve been to Holland a few times and most of the people I’ve encountered are like that, same with zee Jormans. I think he’ll settle no problem and be more than a match for forwards in the PL.

13 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I’ve not any Dutch friends, but I’ve been to Holland a few times and most of the people I’ve encountered are like that, same with zee Jormans. I think he’ll settle no problem and be more than a match for forwards in the PL.

Ze Germans [emoji38]

Loved the medical vid, really interesting stuff. Think that might be the first time I've seen Nickson too, and didn't realise Serena was an Aussie.

Footballers are freaks, like. That person is 22 years old ffs. :lol: Guy fucking looks like Achilles.

Such an exciting signing, can't wait to see him in action. 

3 hours ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Our video work is pretty armature. Overexposed, incorrect shutter speeds (so lights flicker) etc. Pretty basic stuff. Hopefully they up the quality.

We didn’t make any social media content until the takeover. 

They really need an entire new website and digital team. 

(Which I’m happy to lead if anyone from PIF is reading.)

55 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Loved the medical vid, really interesting stuff. Think that might be the first time I've seen Nickson too, and didn't realise Serena was an Aussie.

Footballers are freaks, like. That person is 22 years old ffs. :lol: Guy fucking looks like Achilles.

Serena does a great job, not sure who’s doing video but it’s still relatively new as a department.

A fella called Dan is looking after the website and marketing overall so it’s his gig pretty much.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

He’s apparently been Nickson’s #1 target for over a year. I’m sure he’s really proud of the signing. 

Edited by Kanji

We defo need to start giving Steve Nickson some credit. He's one of the few people from the previous regime who has managed to stay and actually contribute to our future.

OK, Botman wasn't exactly a unknown but he was identified, scouted and signed. Fingers crossed he's as good as he looks.

I presume Bruno was also one who Nickson had scouted prior. Wonder who else is on his list.

Loving the new content even if it isn't quite as polished as some being produced at other clubs. As an aside, had no idea what Steve Nickson looked like. For some reason I had him down as that bloke who looked a bit like Rod Stewart crossed with a Coronation Street character. Who the hell am I thinking of there?