Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

47 minutes ago, McCormick said:

We may have to tbh. Our entire backline looks solid but not particularly quick (Trippier seems a yard slower after his injury too).

Don't think he's looked significantly different since his injury tbh, he's always been relatively slow. He was getting absolutely rinsed by Harrison away at Leeds in January.

10 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Watford murdered him like. Think he adjusted to Harrison after a shakey start and didn't have much trouble 2nd half.

Murdered 🙂 Watford hardly attacked down his flank. My first game watching him and I was in Strawberry Corner. All the trouble was caused on the other wing.  As for Leeds I think the whole team adjusted second half but wasn’t caused that much trouble specifically and actually had Leeds worried going the other way.

Not saying he’s fast mind because he isn’t.

27 minutes ago, buzz said:

Don't think he's looked significantly different since his injury tbh, he's always been relatively slow. He was getting absolutely rinsed by Harrison away at Leeds in January.

Might be right tbh. My memory of him pre-injury was he was absolutely imperious but that was probably due to his amazing Everton performance (which is all I can really remember).

He was a bit shaky early on (didn't cover well and we conceded to Watford late), Harrison was having the better of him 1st half - then 2nd half Trips adjusted and the game turned. Everton he was absolutely world class and he carried that on to the next match before getting hurt. 

5 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He was a bit shaky early on (didn't cover well and we conceded to Watford late), Harrison was having the better of him 1st half - then 2nd half Trips adjusted and the game turned. Everton he was absolutely world class and he carried that on to the next match before getting hurt. 

Yeah that's how I remember it. He was basically the best thing we've seen on the ball in years so it was understandably glossed over like. The fact he'd just come from one of the best defences on the planet, who would have read his runs/played the offside trap better would have probably been a factor too :lol:

Guest HTT II
28 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Using his phone while driving + bad taste in music + still living at the Hilton which suggests he’s struggling to settle in the area = should we be worried? 

36C5310D-75C7-476E-94B4-78F5CD77B886.thumb.jpeg.a13c73db775fd95875369ea86a9f7744.jpeg

AMG Botman, no so slow after all!

Looks a diamond on first viewing. As he should for the money we paid obviously but he's unphased by anything and deals with everything with minimal fuss. Didn't seem to get caught out of position, read the game well and can also pick a pass into midfield too. He's another rock (alongside Bruno) who will be here for years to build a team around, he's excellent :aww: