Sven Botman

The Prophet

11 minutes ago, nemtizz said:

Can't wait for the day this lad scores.

If Wilson doesn't head that corner Botman is burying it. He'll get a goal eventually, would love a Scharesque thunder bolt. 

Didn't see much of the game today (yet), but he is such an incredible player. 

Can't see him not being my favourite ever CB for us, he's already up there with Woodgate (who I don't really like, due to his injuries and fucking off to Real Madrid) and Colo, and he's only just getting started. 

6 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Didn't see much of the game today (yet), but he is such an incredible player. 

Can't see him not being my favourite ever CB for us, he's already up there with Woodgate (who I don't really like, due to his injuries and fucking off to Real Madrid) and Colo, and he's only just getting started. 

Best compliment I can give him is that I only notice him in replays. That's because he's never a worry, never a focal, never doing something daft and always in control. For me, I only ever see it in a replay as its too controlled and composed in real time. 

We’ve just spent so well with what we have bought. Botman is just a monster. Some might say it was an obvious signing to make but it can’t have been, or others would have been in before us.

Our scouting/recruitment department needs to start getting some credit.

10 hours ago, Dokko said:

Best compliment I can give him is that I only notice him in replays. That's because he's never a worry, never a focal, never doing something daft and always in control. For me, I only ever see it in a replay as its too controlled and composed in real time. 

The invisible wall! :love:

12 hours ago, Adam said:

If Wilson doesn't head that corner Botman is burying it. He'll get a goal eventually, would love a Scharesque thunder bolt. 

Did he occasionally take free kicks for Lille when they wanted someone to thunderbastard it, or have I just made that up?

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

Did he occasionally take free kicks for Lille when they wanted someone to thunderbastard it, or have I just made that up?

I don’t think my heart would take a Sven thunderbastard goal from 40 yards.

3 hours ago, Heron said:

Being discussed along with 2 or 3 others

Did the idea of a 3D flag ever get off the ground?

BTW yous do a cracking job, so don't get annoyed when we badger you about ideas. :lol:

6 minutes ago, STM said:

Did the idea of a 3D flag ever get off the ground?

BTW yous do a cracking job, so don't get annoyed when we badger you about ideas. :lol:

There's a lot of debate at the moment about imminent displays so I think I'll float it once we've sorted Chelsea and Palace :lol: thanks too!

Just now, Heron said:

There's a lot of debate at the moment about imminent displays so I think I'll float it once we've sorted Chelsea and Palace :lol: thanks too!

Anything special or exciting? Full stadium for Chelsea?

5 hours ago, McCormick said:

This speedy bastard will be the best CB in the league one day. On performances alone he’s up there already; crazy good for someone so young.

Totally agree, but who is better Van Dijk when in form and Laporte? The Arsenal guys? Not many others.

4 hours ago, Heron said:

Being discussed along with 2 or 3 others

I know these things are really quite expensive, but if/when we do get back to European football, I had an idea for flags.

So 2 or 3 black and white, no colour 'smaller surfers' on each stand showing the legends of Newcastle.

Sir Bobby

Keegan

Shearer

Milburn

MacDonald

Harvey

Have a vote of the top 7 or 9. 

Make the 8th or 10th a ?

Showcasing our history and inspiring the team to replace the ?

1 hour ago, BlazeT44 said:

I know these things are really quite expensive, but if/when we do get back to European football, I had an idea for flags.

So 2 or 3 black and white, no colour 'smaller surfers' on each stand showing the legends of Newcastle.

Sir Bobby

Keegan

Shearer

Milburn

MacDonald

Harvey

Make the 8th or 10th a ?

Sounds a good idea. I like it :thup:

2 hours ago, BlazeT44 said:

Sir Bobby

Keegan

Shearer

Milburn

MacDonald

Harvey

Make the 8th or 10th a ?

They have a similar thing at the Boston Celtics training facility. They have a spot-lit banner for each Championship, then a spot-lit gap for "the next one"