Sven Botman

The Prophet

1 minute ago, Big River said:

imagine having the luxury of not selecting Botman, but having the mighty Weghorst as one of your main strikers :lol:

image.thumb.png.f161634812572320c9a3c49af2c188d4.png

Remember when we gave burnley the money for weighorst that would send us down

Those were the days

1 hour ago, Unbelievable said:

I think the three Kanji mentioned will start, with De Ligt and De Vrij as backup.

Is Timber basically picked for his pace/ball playing ability over De Ligt? I always saw De Ligt as more of a non-nonsense defender versus a pure Rolls Royce like Virgil and Botman. 

44 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Is Timber basically picked for his pace/ball playing ability over De Ligt? I always saw De Ligt as more of a non-nonsense defender versus a pure Rolls Royce like Virgil and Botman. 

Yes, he’s like the Trippier in our current system, i.e. the defender who moves into midfield when we have possession. Ake on the left doing similar. It works quite well with Van Dijk as the sweeping enforcer.

Here’s a bit more info: https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/fifa-world-cup-2022-tactical-preview-netherlands-tactical-analysis-tactics

Edited by Unbelievable

Yeah maybe his best game so far. I thought he was a beast today. Probably my motm.

Hope his injury isn't too bad. Looks like it would take something bad to force him off so hopefully few weeks rest to heal up.

Edited by alexf