Sven Botman

The Prophet

31 minutes ago, Magpie said:

11am for the Dutch squad announcement. Feel he might be unlucky this time round. His time will come though without a doubt.

Yeah I think he misses out this time but he's got another 3 World Cups left in him after this one so no big deal. I doubt he's expecting a call up tbf.

They've got a good pool of experienced CBs so it is not a huge surprise. Unlucky for him that it is clearly their strongest position. If he was a player of equivalent quality anywhere else on the pitch he would have waltzed into the squad.

He will definitely be in the next Euros squad as a mainstay of the team.

30 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

They've got a good pool of experienced CBs so it is not a huge surprise. Unlucky for him that it is clearly their strongest position. If he was a player of equivalent quality anywhere else on the pitch he would have waltzed into the squad.

He will definitely be in the next Euros squad as a mainstay of the team.

I think I remember reading a post on here saying that he probably pissed off Van Gaal for opting out of a youth team game recently as well.

10 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I think I remember reading a post on here saying that he probably pissed off Van Gaal for opting out of a youth team game recently as well.

Yep. He was never going to feature under Van Gaal unless there were injuries to other candidates. Sven's time will come under Koeman after the WC.

40 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Yep. He was never going to feature under Van Gaal unless there were injuries to other candidates. Sven's time will come under Koeman after the WC.

Botman and Gravenberch’s time after this tourney?

Edited by Kanji

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Botman and Gravenberch’s time after this tourney?

Aye, you’d hope so.

the weirdest absentee is Danjuma really. Van Gaal has brought three similar, mediocre forwards in Luuk de Jong, Vincent Jansen and Wout Weghorst where one, or at most two, would have sufficed in that role of target man to bring on if plan A isn’t working.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Aye, you’d hope so.

the weirdest absentee is Danjuma really. Van Gaal has brought three similar, mediocre forwards in Luuk de Jong, Vincent Jansen and Wout Weghorst where one, or at most two, would have sufficed in that role of target man to bring on if plan A isn’t working.

yeah Danjuma was unreal last year no?

I rate Botman a full blown defender more than Ake but I’m assuming it’s Timber, Virgil and Ake as the 3?