Sven Botman

The Prophet

2 minutes ago, Magpie said:

The fact Hall wasn't even on the bench at the weekend suggests we don't see him as being ready

He wasn't on the bench because there was no space for him to be.

I don't think Hall will play for what it's worth but I'd rather play him than move Tripps around and all that mullarkey. 

2 hours ago, Flip said:

Been excellent this season, but didn’t know we depended so much on him defensively :lol::lol: Our defenders look comically bad.

The goal where Evans hit it from 25 yards out, he had time to turn and collect himself before letting fly. Schar was 5 yards away to the right, and Burn was the same distance to the left. He literally had the whole goal to aim at without any defender near him.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

The goal where Evans hit it from 25 yards out, he had time to turn and collect himself before letting fly. Schar was 5 yards away to the right, and Burn was the same distance to the left. He literally had the whole goal to aim at without any defender near him.

Burn literally ran away to the left to make the space wider, as I recall.

4 hours ago, nufc123 said:

Dont think he would have made that big difference in todays result. Wont matter how good defenders you have if you have a midfield so unfunctional.

Midfield has been really poor which doesn't help the defense. 

However...today for me really showcased how good Botman is in comparison to Burn. When Botman steps out he more often than not makes the interception. Burn got no where near and then decided to start backing off instead which lead to the 2nd and 3rd having so much time and space. Also seems to compliment Schar who looks half he player without him.

Will fear the worst in every game he's not playing this season. 

On 03/09/2023 at 02:32, alexf said:

Midfield has been really poor which doesn't help the defense. 

However...today for me really showcased how good Botman is in comparison to Burn. When Botman steps out he more often than not makes the interception. Burn got no where near and then decided to start backing off instead which lead to the 2nd and 3rd having so much time and space. Also seems to compliment Schar who looks half he player without him.

Will fear the worst in every game he's not playing this season. 

Burn barely got a kick at CB at Brighton iirc.  Or at least he seemed to be behind Webster and Dunk and others. 

The approach to CB play we have is to aggressively challenge attackers when they come deep.  Make sure they don’t turn. Foul them if you have too. He runs out. Then runs straight back as Ferguson scores under no pressure at all. That’s literally not the approach.