Sven Botman

The Prophet

Played a few iffy long balls in the first half, but he's so fucking good. Already up there with Woody and Colo for me[emoji38]

Wouldn't surprise me if he's regarded as one of the best CBs on the planet in a few years. 35m is a snip, man.

My favourite NUFC player atm.

A couple of times in the first half his passes were putting our forward players in danger of losing the ball, however...

After that he was unreal. He's got absolutely everything.

9 minutes ago, 80 said:

Heard Jonathan Woodgate bemoaning not quite managing to sign him for £2m in his Boro days. Would have been quite a signing!

Weird because I reminded myself of the last amazing 0-0 performance at OT in 2003 when Woodgate was absolutely unbelievable in that game. A lot of similarities between the two.

2 hours ago, STM said:

Weird because I reminded myself of the last amazing 0-0 performance at OT in 2003 when Woodgate was absolutely unbelievable in that game. A lot of similarities between the two.

Was just thinking something similar going off the ASM injury story. How Woodgate was the best defender I've ever seen for us but seldom fit and in the end selling him was good business.  Seeing the best defensive performances since his day in contemporary times.

*robbed of a blatant pen in the last minute of that game too as I recall