Sven Botman: set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

2 minutes ago, wyn davies said:

Agree need to pull the rug from under Lille's feet, if don't go ahead then there's gonna be animosity between him and his club over what could of been

By all accounts, he's been extremely professional and despite being open to a move, has never pushed for one.

I don't think they have moved the goalposts whatsoever. They said he wasn't for sale unless they received x amount. We haven't reached that price yet, so we haven't bought him.

It's not a criticism of our owners either. It'd fully expected that we try and get the best deal for him. The question is how much do we think he is worth? How much do we want him?

If we can agree a fee for 1 of Carlos/Botman, we can buy ourselves time with the other target.

25 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I don’t mind us going £5-10m over for someone like him. Get it done.

Is it going to be 5-10m by the time they agree, though? I know it's all hearsay and I may not be keeping track/converting £ & € very well, I feel like we've hit or come close to multiple asking prices already yet suddenly the price is always just that bit higher?

All depends on how highly they rate him, if he is going to be as good as some say for they age it's not a huge price but tbh I know very little about him so can't say if it's over priced or could still be a bargain in the long run. If he is here for many years it's a great deal but if he flops it's money down the drain. 

2 minutes ago, HWTL said:

All depends on how highly they rate him, if he is going to be as good as some say for they age it's not a huge price but tbh I know very little about him so can't say if it's over priced or could still be a bargain in the long run. If he is here for many years it's a great deal but if he flops it's money down the drain. 

This. If he’s as good as we think he is, and will give us a lift and defensive improvement for the remainder of this season, as well as be the mainstay for the next x amount of years, £45m is nothing- just get it done. The price could well be the same in the summer, when there would undoubtedly be other teams in for him too, and we may well be in a lower division. If Lille are moving the goalposts then we should walk now and move onto someone else asap.

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

Could we not have done negotiations before January? Genuine question. 

We could, but no selling club is going to want to- the player could well ‘give up’ playing for them knowing a future transfer was guaranteed. Plus, what if a transfer was arranged but the player was injured whilst playing for the selling club? It’s pointless from the seller pov. 

8 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Could we not have done negotiations before January? Genuine question. 

It’s like asking Floyd Mayweather “couldn’t you have beaten Manny Pacquiao 5 years earlier” or asking Lennox Lewis “why didn’t you fight Tyson in 1995?” 

Tyson Fury thanked Deontay Wilder as you need a “good dance partner” to get a good boxing match on. Transfer negotiations between two teams seems similar to me. There’s little point criticising the club as though it is solely responsible for the timing of deals. The club’s doing its best, which is better than the last regime would have done. Let’s be patient but support the new regime. 

Edited by greydos