Sven Botman set to miss 6–9 months with new ACL injury (Official)

The Prophet

Is this not just rehashed old news btw? Romano reported €35M being rejected a week ago.

I'd definitely be worried™ if we'd just kept bidding the same amount over and over in attempt to wear them down.

I'm not sure it is, our first bid was around £25m or €30m, the way it's being quoted in euro and then pounds is muddying the waters.

I think a fee of £35m plus some add-ons get's this done. (€40m) seems to be the magic number for them.

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

They will definitely sell him mind, it’s just a case of if we want to be ripped off or not. 

Aye and unfortunately that's the position we're in.  We've clearly made him our top target so either pay what they want or move on, wasted enough time on it now. 

Just now, Wilson said:

Aye and unfortunately that's the position we're in.  We've clearly made him our top target so either pay what they want or move on, wasted enough time on it now. 

Absolutely we have to be decisive. No matter who we go for it’s going to be gamble. Especially if we don’t address our midfield and the complete lack of protection it provides. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Not sure we will at these kind of inflated fees to be frank. 

Agree, think some are losing sight of the fact there's not a lot of money around outside of the big boys in the Premier. Spanish and Italian clubs are coming down after throwing huge wages around previously. 

6 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

This is the first one I'm slightly worried about as it seemed almost a sure thing, and now seems to losing progress

As to be expected the owners not wanna overspend thinking and Howes max wage rule is making it very hard for us.

2 minutes ago, peder said:

As to be expected the owners not wanna overspend thinking and Howes max wage rule is making it very hard for us.

I think you are making things up mate.

I don't think there are any rules, structures, limitations, it's about being sensible and not panicking or caving in to the demands of players who aren't worth what they are asking.

If Trippier is on 100k, why in gods earth should we cave in to Dignes demands of 150k+? Especially if he's just fallen out with his current manager.

Even if you have an oil well, you have to draw the line somewhere. There is a fine line between speculating to accumulate and just causing yourself problems further down the line.

Imagine if we spent 25m on Digne (example) and gave him 150k a week and a week later, 2 other targets become available for half the price and half the wages.

Ultimately, on Feb 1st we can judge these guys decision making, with the caveat that we need 1 more in before Watford.

1 minute ago, Gaztoon said:

Yeah , don't believe that for a second from hope.

Imagine getting a chance to sign a World class player.. but worrying his wages will upset shelvey 🤣🤣

Not to mention the fact that if he said the opposite, it probably wouldn't be the best negotiating tactic.

Sometimes journalists are working with the club when they comment on stuff.