Lucas Digne

Just now, Holmesy said:

I just don't feel anything for them at all. In my 33 years of watching football they've never done or been anything. They had a brief period under Moyes when they were ok but that's it. Nothing, anonymous club! Their financial fairplay woes seem to be down to not being able to attract decent sponsorship because no one cares about them. Sad plight really.

Still have fond memories of them in the 80s. 

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

I just don't feel anything for them at all. In my 33 years of watching football they've never done or been anything. They had a brief period under Moyes when they were ok but that's it. Nothing, anonymous club! Their financial fairplay woes seem to be down to not being able to attract decent sponsorship because no one cares about them. Sad plight really.

Hence the “Scouce Mackem” moniker they get labeled with on here. They were great under Moyes, just before he went to Man United. Been hit or miss ever since.

3 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

That was his sales pitch. Train times much quicker due to Newcastle being on the East Coast Main Line.

He wasn't wrong...

Even driving from London to Middlesboro takes longer than driving from London to Newcastle.

2 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Maybe but depends what his attitude is, if it’s rank then it disrupts the whole dressing room. So I don’t know. 

If (and that's a big if) he agrees to come, I'd hope he would play out of his skin, just to stick it to Rafa by excelling at his former club. Wishful thinking though.

30 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah that’s fair, tbh the Dutch Journo on SSN essentially said Tagliafico is PL ready 

Thing is, are we interested in Tagliafico? We're chasing Digne, who may favour Chelsea. Hopefully we are considering Tagliafico though.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Going to Chelsea to compete with Alonso and Chilwell would be bold. 

Or with Chilwell out for the season, he thinks he’d be first choice LB for 6 months and so force his way into being the French WC LB. 

1 minute ago, Emotic said:

If he's asked for a transfer, Everton want to recoup money, Newcastle haven't bid, and Chelsea only want a loan - what happens next?

He apologises to Rafa, trains hard and hopes to get picked ahead of the new lad,

then leaves in the summer.  

47 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

He wasn't wrong...

Even driving from London to Middlesboro takes longer than driving from London to Newcastle.

The main reason for that is when going to Middlesbrough, you lose a lot of time when you pull over on the A19 to duct tape up all your air vents.

1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

Fair enough. We should prioritise that if Digne prefers Chelsea.

If we are after Digne it's likelu because there has been some encouragement by the agent. Expect we are low on his list of options but still on it. 

PL is probably a high priority which is why we aren't moving on to Tagliafico yet?

Tbf we could actually be after a 3rd LB as our number one priority. Don't think the press have a scooby what's actually going on!

33 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Am i alone in being put off with him falling out with rafa? I think does have question mark on mentality

Always felt Rafa was a 'top down' type of manager where systems, process and function all trump the individual. Fit into his plan, you're in favour, if you don't, leave or play a bit part. 

Wild assumption on my part, though.