Lucas Digne

Just now, The Prophet said:

Even if he doesn't join, you've got to admire the ambition being shown.

I’m also excited about them adapting to any opportunity that is available. There is no way Digne featured in our early plans but once available we have had a go. Very exciting for future windows.

13 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Someone's had a word in his ear and told him to reel it in. 

Not that I want to put a downer on things but I do worry if this kind of activity unsettles our players, something like this surely will?

Yeah, you'd think so. It can work two ways though, perhaps it'll motivate some to prove their worth, it should have already done that with the new ownership tbf. Alternatively, it'll make players lose confidence and faith in their own ability. 

So pleased with the ambition the team is now showing and crazy we are even in the conversation for players of this quality. If only we had a couple more wins to our name so that the hanging threat of relegation wouldn’t be impacting our ambitions in the market 

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

Yeah, you'd think so. It can work two ways though, perhaps it'll motivate some to prove their worth, it should have already done that with the new ownership tbf. Alternatively, it'll make players lose confidence and faith in their own ability. 

Yeh exactly. 

Obviosuly hope it's the former but when you factor in the 2 tier wages we'll inevitably have in the dressing room, you do wonder what the chances are for players to carry on the fight.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Our Twitter mob really are a cringeworthy bunch.

The Twitter mob are the worst, but not quite as bad as the Twitter transfer ITKs.

”Trust me, I’ll have lots of positive news soon for Newcastle” translates to “Please don’t unfollow me”.

If he had that positive news he would share it. It’s clear as day to me that he’s just another one of those transfer wannabes. He’s basically Jim “my sources tell me” White, but with a fancier name and more control over what he decides to spout.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Fwiw, the local Chelsea media/journalists are all still saying Chelsea’s priority is to recall Emerson from Lyon rather than sign a new left back.

Always rated Emerson whenever I've seen him play. Should just bid for him. 

Don’t buy this whole not interested in coming thing. Transfers nowadays begin with informal discussions with players agents, they indicate if their client would be interested or not, if yes the club then has to make an offer that’s acceptable to progress things.

9 minutes ago, Disco said:

It's like Downie and Hope received the info together at the same time in a bar. Downie shit the bed ran home in a panic to get the news out first on his desktop.. load damnit, load faster.. but couldn't quite remember which way round the info was. 

Meanwhile Hope had another pint, casually Tweeted out the right info out on his phone while wondering what the hell happened to Downie.