Lucas Digne

Guest HTT II
9 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I don't want this guy.  Don't think he has a winners mentality.

That's why he went from Barca to Everton.  And now it isn't like top teams are scrambling after him.

Trippier has just went from Atletico to Newcastle…

2 minutes ago, alijmitchell said:

Beggars can’t be choosers lads. We have Matt fucking Ritchie at left back right now. Would have Digne in a heartbeat

Good job we’re literally as far away from

beggars as you could possibly get then! Digne would be good, but if he doesn’t want to come, we would have a wealth of other options (like Tagliafico) that would. 

13 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I don't want this guy.  Don't think he has a winners mentality.

That's why he went from Barca to Everton.  And now it isn't like top teams are scrambling after him.

He's played for PSG and Barca :lol:

20 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

didnt Rafa bullet Colback and a few others for arguing/disrespect to him in training etc?

Dunno about Colback, but he definitely got rid of Mitro because he refused to buy into his methods. That's one thing I'll always respect about Rafa, he's very clear in what he wants from his players, and his own methods, whether other people like them or not. 

Is there actually any reliable reports linking us with Digne? For all we know, he might not even be Howe's type of player, and we are just assuming because Everton have a spare LB, we must be in there. 

39 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Like PSG back then was a step down from Barca and he couldn't make that work.

Seems a bit Zaha.  So not saying he'd be terrible for us, just hasnt got that elite elite mentality like Trippier.

We are not elite elite so should be fine 

1 hour ago, Tiresias said:

Am i alone in being put off with him falling out with rafa? I think does have question mark on mentality

Everton supporting mate says that Rafa had asked him to play more defensively whereas he's always been much better going forwards.

Not supporting Digne here, but that fits entirely with how Rafa builds teams and I can see some players not being overly happy with having to sacrifice their best attributes..

Howe will want to play more positively and that might suit him better.

Rafa falling out with players isn't unusual; he's very particular. He effectively binned-off two or three decent players whilst he was here despite lots of fans thinking they should have been more used (Mbemba and Mitrovic springing to mind). I can see why Everton fans would be pissed off seeing as Digne is presumably well-liked, but they've already signed his replacement and you would assume that player is going to be a better fit for Rafa and his style.

Just one of those cases where the personalities don't add up and it's better for everyone involved if one of the parties moved on; in this case it's the player, which suggests Rafa still has control there - for better or worse. 

2 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

Hopefully that's just for this season. Because a self-imposed wage cap will stop any dreams of rising to the top. 

Fairly likely they don't want to piss the rest of the squad off during a pivotal period for the club. They can cry in the summer when they're shipped out instead.