Lucas Digne

Would be concerned if he really doesn’t want to come, not the type of signing we should be bringing in.

A questionable attitude already if he’s fell out with Rafa.

He’s obviously quality though and would improve us no end. But could we count on him to play if the going got tough?

2 minutes ago, Toffee said:

As an everton fan I'm gutted we're losing digne, he's a great addition to any club .

I have no idea what longstaff is like, beat of luck with the Billions.

Spend wisely on young players is all I would say with a resale value, that's where we have gone horribly wrong.

We all thought he was a brilliant performer under Rafa with a bright future ahead. That stopped immediately and regressed when Bruce arrived. Still hold out hope for him but many a footballer like him has faded away rather swiftly. He'd be cheap and Rafa will have a plan for him at least. Whether thatll fit with what youve got is another question. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Maybe we are just trying to force timescales. Everton need the money and maybe covert Longstaff. If Digne is on £130k PW that doesn't leave many options for him in World Cup year. Maybe signing Trippier and more will change Digne's view. He can't stay at Everton and a loan doesn't suit Everton and FFP.

16 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I feel like clubs don’t make bids for players that have given them a definite no. Obviously he wants to go to Chelsea, but his agent is probably keeping us as a back up option.

Aye didn't think bidding on a player without knowing whether he actually wanted to come was even a thing these days. Might be trying to scare other clubs away with the price and leave us as his only option?

Edited by triggs

Just now, TheGuv said:

If he doesn’t want to come, I don’t want him. Nor should the club want him.

We’re trying to build something as a football club, as a set of supporters and as a city.

Next please!

We don't know he doesn't want to come tbf. People hang on Romano's every word, but while he's right more often than many, he's still dropped some clangers lately. 

Having an actual bid on the table could change things as well. Players are just as prone to sudden heel turns as any of us, the Trippier signing might turn his head, and if that doesn't the potential money might. 

I doubt we've put a bid in and made it public without reason. 

1 minute ago, Awaymag said:

I think its safe to say that rumours of a £50M budget for this window, may have been a little wide of the mark, like by £50M

Anyone who believed 50mil was the budget are gullible to twitter bs.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Somethings off here like. Why would we bid for a player that has made it clear he isn't interested in moving here?

I don’t think anyone, especially not that Romano fella, has any actual knowledge. So perhaps he is interested but is keeping his options open.

3 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

We all thought he was a brilliant performer under Rafa with a bright future ahead. That stopped immediately and regressed when Bruce arrived. Still hold out hope for him but many a footballer like him has faded away rather swiftly. He'd be cheap and Rafa will have a plan for him at least. Whether thatll fit with what youve got is another question. 

If he understands the basic knowledge of football he will be leaps and bounds above the rest of our players.

Rafa started the season strong got the players actually playing football.

Seem to lost direction and having ego issues with manager and players.

Exciting times for toon fans though

Guest neesy111
Just now, Slim said:

Anyone who believed 50mil was the budget are gullible to twitter bs.

It might just be installments total £50m this window.  Most transfers are paid over the life over 4/5 years.

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

I don’t think anyone, especially not that Romano fella, has any actual knowledge. So perhaps he is interested but is keeping his options open.

Romano’s sources are mainly agents, would suspect the desperation for a Chelsea move is coming from there.