Diego Carlos

Nobody

7 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Slight difference between "Indonesian rich guy" and PIF though. Our owners could lose £10bn and not even blink.

Of course, but here we are talking about get bored. Lim invested like 100-150 €m in Valencia, this number for him are like 0,1 of his fortune, but He started to focus in other bussines, put a few Indonesian guys as managers and forgot about Valencia. Valencia is a pain in the ass for him now but they are his toy. 

I am just giving my POV of this kind of takeovers.

Probably it will be different there. 

It will be and is different, because PIF have purchased us not just as a business or plaything, but also to improve their standings in the eyes of the western world. By ‘getting bored’ and ‘jumping ship’, would totally negate the whole idea of why they’ve bought in the first place. It’s a completely different ideology to an Indonesian rich guy, or even a relative of Qatar royalty or whatever. 

6 minutes ago, Trensa said:

Of course, but here we are talking about get bored. Lim invested like 100-150 €m in Valencia, this number for him are like 0,1 of his fortune, but He started to focus in other bussines, put a few Indonesian guys as managers and forgot about Valencia. Valencia is a pain in the ass for him now but they are his toy. 

I am just giving my POV of this kind of takeovers.

Probably it will be different there. 

"A few Indonesian guys as managers"? I must have missed that part. Since GNev (installed because he was a buddy of Lim's), every single Valencia manager has been Spanish, man:lol:. Also, why would Lim (a person from Singapore), install Indonesians to run the show?

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

It will be and is different, because PIF have purchased us not just as a business or plaything, but also to improve their standings in the eyes of the western world. By ‘getting bored’ and ‘jumping ship’, would totally negate the whole idea of why they’ve bought in the first place. It’s a completely different ideology to an Indonesian rich guy, or even a relative of Qatar royalty or whatever. 

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

Yeah we've not been bought by one man, but by a business. A business can't get bored.

Maybe they could change strategy, but their whole country is geared around their "Vision 2030" so it feels unlikely.

I was just giving my POV under my experience here. 

Maybe It is totally different in your case, because the owners or PL. 

1 hour ago, Emotic said:

"A few Indonesian guys as managers"? I must have missed that part. Since GNev (installed because he was a buddy of Lim's), every single Valencia manager has been Spanish, man:lol:. Also, why would Lim (a person from Singapore), install Indonesians to run the show?

Look it for yourself, zero spanish. 

https://www.valenciacf.com/es/club/directors-board

Some DD were spanish but under of decisión of those guys. 

1 minute ago, Trensa said:

ners or PL. 

Look it for yourself, zero spanish. 

https://www.valenciacf.com/es/club/directors-board

Some DD were spanish but under of decisión of those guys. 

Apologies, I thought you meant "manager" as in the actual manager of the team. The Board of a foreign owned club being populated by people from the buying country is no great surprise - the BOD typically deals with the business entity side of things. It's good that the managers have been Spanish throughout, bar the disaster with GNev.

By the way, Singapore isn't in Indonesia - close, but totally different countries - but your point is taken.

43 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Apologies, I thought you meant "manager" as in the actual manager of the team. The Board of a foreign owned club being populated by people from the buying country is no great surprise - the BOD typically deals with the business entity side of things. It's good that the managers have been Spanish throughout, bar the disaster with GNev.

By the way, Singapore isn't in Indonesia - close, but totally different countries - but your point is taken.

Yeap, I said indo instead Singapore. 

Just now, mighty__mag said:

Seen a stat posted on twitter, apparently he has the highest error count that leads to goals in the top 5 leagues in Europe.

Seems concerning.

It was a bit misleading, but nonetheless concerning. He's made four, along with a number of other of other players. 

1 minute ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

The year is 2032. The UK, led by Boris Johnson and his 120-strong Tory majority, is in its 145th lockdown.

Newcastle United are still locked in negotiations with Sevilla to sign veteran 38-year-old centre-half Diego Carlos.

Brett Emerton, manager of the National League North side, said "It would be nice to finally get him over the line, enough is enough."

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Huge test for Howe If this deal gets as he will have to decide who to drop. Schar or Lascelles, obviously should be Lascelles but will Howe have the balls to drop his captain ? I don’t think he will.

Best choice would be to drop them both and put Fernandez in. He seems to be the only calm and rational CB we have.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Huge test for Howe If this deal gets as he will have to decide who to drop. Schar or Lascelles, obviously should be Lascelles but will Howe have the balls to drop his captain ? I don’t think he will.

He will, Carlos looks like a direct replacement big hard man defender alongside the more cultured Schar. Plus I think Schar is left footed and that seems to be very important to Howe.