Diego Carlos

Nobody

I'll back any new signings until they give me a reason not to, but I really can't shake the feeling he's not what we need if he likes a penalty and a card, considering the state of our current backline and the way our games are typically refereed. Just feels like a recipe for disaster.

EDIT: Caveated with the fact I've never watched the guy play and am basing this thought on nothing but second hand information.

Edited by wormy

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Anyone seen much of him? Pacey and likes a tackle and cards? 

If he joins he'll do that South American thing of having his nickname on the back of his shirt and it'll be RADGEPACKET

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Seems quite a high fee for a 29 year old with no international caps.

Can’t say I’ve ever really noticed him but will be intrigued to see how he gets on, assuming we get him in.

He must be some player if they are asking £35m for a 29 year old. I had no idea he was that old. Obviously he's still in his peak years, but no resale value at all by the time he's done here. He'll have to be fucking brill. 

Just now, TRon said:

He must be some player if they are asking £35m for a 29 year old. I had no idea he was that old. Obviously he's still in his peak years, but no resale value at all by the time he's done here. He'll have to be fucking brill. 

Slightly pedantic, but he’s only 29 this coming March. Plus, in all honesty, with our new found wealth, who cares about resale value if he’s good enough to do a job for us now? 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Slightly pedantic, but he’s only 29 this coming March. Plus, in all honesty, with our new found wealth, who cares about resale value if he’s good enough to do a job for us now? 

Yes absolutely this. Fuck resale value, had enough of it.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Agree, but when you spend that much on a senior player, there's not much room for error. As long as he's the real deal, no problem with it at all. He looks hard as nails, that's for sure.