More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, McCormick said:

Everything was pointing to us signing 2 marquee cb’s this month so would be slightly surprised if they didn’t try to throw a Hail Mary bid in for a big name (which I would imagine would be rejected anyway :lol: )

I think we’ll go back in with either Botman or Carlos, would be surprised if it comes off though.

Still think we need 2 or 3 more coming in (I hope and think we will). If by some chance this is our lot, then I’m far from convinced it’s enough to keep us up. Fingers crossed that we have an exciting day tomorrow, sneaky feeling we will have.

Edited by et tu brute

2 minutes ago, sempuki said:

Not the greatest source: 

Honestly that makes me worried. Would hate to be leaving our striker choices down to one of the Big 6 deciding they don't want to fuck us over after all.

Lingard would be the cherry on top this month to be honest, he'd completely revolutionize that right had side, and the team would be lightyears away from where we where at the start of the month:

55733ca54afb7b555270ebab3d3fbc58.png

Just now, r0cafella said:

Swap joe for Shelvey and have Wilock as 10 and it’s better. 

I do agree and with Wood replaced with Wilson that's out strongest XI but he wont be leaving Shelvey out anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Dokko said:

I struggle to think of a worse starting keeper in the league than Dubravka. I'd even rather have Krul, who we let go for nowt.

Dubs is not the keeper he was under Rafa. Injury and confidence has ruined him. No one has any confidence in him and this just brings uncertainty which leads to errors and goals.

Worst in the league :lol:

Come on 

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

I do agree and with Wood replaced with Wilson that's out strongest XI but he wont be leaving Shelvey out anytime soon.

Then swap Shelvey and Joelinton the other way round.

Shelvey can shoot, Jo cannot. But he can press and disrupt brilliantly which Shelvey cannot.

Henderson the surprise?

I'd be happy adding him but think dubs is fine, certainly with a better defence/midfield in front of him. It's a tough one as what we have behind Dubravka is a worry should he get injured again. Henderson coming in would want to be starting and that would likely smash the confidence Dubs is rebuilding which maybe leaves us in a similar position anyway.

Dubs since he came back hasn't been the same keeper he was before his two long term injuries, he was utter class before them, but he's been ropey the last couple of months, that said there are tentative signs in the last game or two he's starting to slowly get back to his best.