More transfer rumours

midds

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

He doesn’t want a permanent move, been reported all January that has.

We will see tomorrow but it’s literally that or he doesn’t kick a ball, still think a relegation clause could sway it.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

We will see tomorrow but it’s literally that or he doesn’t kick a ball, still think a relegation clause could sway it.

A permanent move now scuppers a shit load of signing on cash for both him and his agent in 5 months time. He surely wants playing time, but simply can’t see him signing a perm deal this window. 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Whats wrong with that, especially in our current position? ??? 

I don’t think those players are any better than what we have, excluding Tripper. 

Wood, Henderson, Burn.

Think there is better value elsewhere too.

Also his transfer record at Bournemouth was limited because of his weird obsession with British buys. Not convinced he’s the man to kick us on unless the transfer dealings are taken away from him.

Just now, gdm said:

Why would Man Utd not take the piss on this loan deal? Like the reportedly have with us and Martial and with Lingard 

Just now, PlymouthGeordie said:

Why would Man Utd charge us extortionate figures for Lingard but not Henderson?

Don't see this one happening for that reason alone.

Because they’d simply lose Lingaard at the end of the loan so want what they can get/ask for him? Henderson isn’t out of contract, so if he plays well, it means he returns to them with better reputation, playing time etc. 

We give Lingard signing on cash now, and he walks on a near free if we go down would mean more signing on cash in the summer. If he just wants money, he can do an Oscar and go to whatever minor league has the most cash in 2022.

Re:Henderson, I wanted a backup keeper but didn't expect it to be Dubs. Presumably we only get Henderson if we promise to start him.

Just now, Manxst said:

Because they’d simply lose Lingaard at the end of the loan so want what they can get/ask for him? Henderson isn’t out of contract, so if he plays well, it means he returns to them with better reputation, playing time etc. 

yes. I get the lingard one That’s why I asked about them reportedly doing the same to us with Martial. Don’t just answer half the question :lol: Man Utd aren’t going to do us any favours 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

yes. I get the lingard one That’s why I asked about them reportedly doing the same to us with Martial. Don’t just answer half the question :lol: Man Utd aren’t going to do us any favours 

I didn’t see anything about us asking for martial and their demands? What was that?  I’m simply replying about the difference between Lingaard and Henderson. Jesus. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I don’t think those players are any better than what we have, excluding Tripper. 

Wood, Henderson, Burn.

Also his transfer record at Bournemouth was limited because of his weird obsession with British buys. Not convinced he’s the man to kick us on unless the transfer dealings are taken away from him.

Given the size of a club like Bournemouth their transfers were probably limited in scope tbf. Can go on about being 'obsessed' with British buys but players like Bruno and attempts for Carlos, Botman and Bakker/Digne would suggest that given our resources and size he has scope to go for players that were unachievable for Bournemouth. 

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Wood, Henderson, Burn.

I do see your point long term. Assuming Howe is here for the next few years. It would also be a concern of mine if he had a big say in transfers in the years ahead. 

All that said. In the here and now. I think Henderson is clearly better than Dubravka.

Based on only seeing him a few times and from watching our centre backs for the last 2-3 seasons. Burn is surely an upgrade, as well? Bit uninspiring after the players from

abroad we spent weeks chasing. But there you go. 

Wood was overpriced. But it felt like that was a bit of a needs must signing to fill in for Wilson. We should have had a back up to him already, of course. Not sure it was ever meant to be an upgrade on him.