More transfer rumours

midds

10 minutes ago, gdm said:

Stories in the summer were he Rejected us to stay at Marseille. Could be rubbish tho 

I rejected us last summer to stay in and watch anything other than newcastle games! We were a mess. Surely you don’t hold rejecting Ashley’s Brucified newcastle against Kamara?

27 minutes ago, greydos said:

I rejected us last summer to stay in and watch anything other than newcastle games! We were a mess. Surely you don’t hold rejecting Ashley’s Brucified newcastle against Kamara?

I don’t, no. I was just answering the question 

Edited by gdm

8 hours ago, joeyt said:

Why?

Think that's cutting off our nose to spite our face a bit. We could miss out on some gems

Unless it's a generation defining talent, what's the need? 

Even Botman was keen to come in January knowing we were in the shit. Everything I've heard about Kamara is that his attitude stinks. Throw in he also said no to us in January and I'm not desperate.

Edited by Thiago

Wonder if we go for Lingard if we are serious about Pacqueta - that sort of mini 10 role will have 3 players competing for one slot (Pacqueta, Willock, Lingard)

maybe Lingard can be used on the flanks 

Never thought i’d be discussing such a dilemma 

43 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Wonder if we go for Lingard if we are serious about Pacqueta - that sort of mini 10 role will have 3 players competing for one slot (Pacqueta, Willock, Lingard)

maybe Lingard can be used on the flanks 

Never thought i’d be discussing such a dilemma 

I'd be incredibly dissapointed if we signed Lingard in the summer. :lol: 29 years old and has had 9-10 games where he played really well for West Ham otherwise done absolutely fuck all rest of his career. Let's aim higher!

I don’t think we’ll be in for Lingard for the first-team, he could potentially be backup but why would he want to go from back up at Man U to back up here? Reckon he’ll get a move to a mid-tier club which doesn’t have big money to spend 

Guest HTT II

I can see him at Everton if they stay up and aye, we should move on from players like him now.

Edited by HTT II

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-transfer-news-darwin-nunez-1514638?ITO=newsnow

As revealed in i in January, Benfica’s Darwin Nunez is a prime target for the Magpies. They were quoted around £50million for the player in January but it may now take closer to £60million to lure the Manchester United target from the Stadium of Light.

Newcastle also have an agreement with Aston Villa over Matty Targett, who has impressed on loan, and hope to return for Lille’s Sven Botman. High-profile free agents are also being scrutinised.

The blueprint will remain high calibre players capable of growing with the club with a premium placed on character.

”The blueprint will remain high calibre players capable of growing with the club with a premium placed on character.”

Exactly all I’ve hoped for. Not top 4 coloured big names or players that might have seen their best years or are of the wrong character and mentality.

Darwin Nunez would be class. Pretty good at everything. 

Edited by Ikon

4 hours ago, Shearergol said:

Need a striker 

Yes but we are going nowhere with Murphy and Almiron because Maximin and Fraser are going to miss many games. So will Wilson. Striker and wide player is a must over everything.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10630029/amp/Newcastle-eyeing-200MILLION-PSGs-Neymar-battle-Man-City-signature.html

I don’t think Neymar is going to take a year out from the champions league and £200 million for a 30yr old seems excessive but if they want to spend that who am I to argue ? 

edit - thinking about it what a waste of money this would be, we havnt got unlimited funds before ffp would catch up with us.  Although obviously bullshit what’s the most u would pay for him.

Edited by Newintoon