More transfer rumours

midds

21 hours ago, Conjo said:

Is it?

Yes. Bruno mentioned a couple of times that we will try to get a Champions league spot next season, and that’s how the owners convinced him to join. So it is more like being in the top 4 next season instead of top 6. A world class goalscorer is a must to achieve that. Wilson has scored like a 100 goal in his entire career, and he’s 30. We should get a better striker. 

Guest HTT II

Normally I wouldn’t want us to spunk that kind of money on any player, but if money is no object, Kane would be a no brainier. Not that it’s even remotely possible, he’s way out of our league… I also think his best years are behind him!

Obviously Kane would be on a different level to anyone we've had play for us in a very long time...

That said, part of me would much rather we target players who aren't established stars yet.

Throwing huge money at the likes of Kane would feel a bit slimy IMO.

I’ve never had Tory vibes from Kane. Think he’s a likeable lad off the pitch but snide as fuck on it without ever getting pulled up on it. Apart from his amazing goal scoring record he’s an outstanding passer too. Although there’s no chance of us getting him, my only concern would be about his age and whether as he loses more pace (never had much anyway) it’ll affect his chances in front of goal 

Simply zero chance of getting Kane even if we threw ludicrous money at him. He’ll only leave Spurs to win trophies, else he might as well stay with them. For the initial fee he’d cost, plus wages, I’d happily buy 3 or 4 up and coming potential superstars instead, although I can accept he’s a great player, would score goals, and undoubtedly professional and a good leader off/on the pitch.

Aye, but that’s what the forum’s here for, to talk shit together, occasionally slag each other off and represent the clique. We need a new poster for us to turn on though, hopefully someone’s willing to step up to the mark 

15 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

Yes. Bruno mentioned a couple of times that we will try to get a Champions league spot next season, and that’s how the owners convinced him to join. So it is more like being in the top 4 next season instead of top 6. A world class goalscorer is a must to achieve that. Wilson has scored like a 100 goal in his entire career, and he’s 30. We should get a better striker. 

I love the ambition and hope what Bruno is saying is what the owners and manager will aim for. I've not read/heard about it before so had to ask.

Think it maybe a bit too ambitious due to the quality of the top teams but no harm in trying!

23 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

I think we need to sign players we think can play in a top 4/6 side. Bruno and Trips fall into that category and Botman was in that same ilk.  Targett, Burn and Wood were signings to keep us up but we need to sign players with the potential to step it up. 

32 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I think we need to sign players we think can play in a top 4/6 side. Bruno and Trips fall into that category and Botman was in that same ilk.  Targett, Burn and Wood were signings to keep us up but we need to sign players with the potential to step it up. 

Targett can pay for us in the top 6 comfortably. To be in the top 6 you just need to be great at beating “The Other 14” consistently. Plus doing evens against the rest of the big 6. Targett’s easily good enough for both tasks

15 minutes ago, greydos said:

Targett can pay for us in the top 6 comfortably. To be in the top 6 you just need to be great at beating “The Other 14” consistently. Plus doing evens against the rest of the big 6. Targett’s easily good enough for both tasks

Aston Villa didn’t think so. I don’t think he starts for West Ham over Cresswell. 

I like Targett and think he’s still improving as a footballer but the point stands. 

Only Trippier walks straight into the wham first team. Bruno with the potential to be a star man in time too. 

Edited by The College Dropout