More transfer rumours

midds

Just now, buzza said:

He´s no where near Trippier level and below Matt Target on defensive terms.

Why are we even bothering... Grrrr!

Let the manager do his job man.

People complained about Targett, now they're complaining about someone else possibly coming in instead.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, buzza said:

He´s no where near Trippier level and below Matt Target on defensive terms.

Why are we even bothering... Grrrr!

Because Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe has a better idea of how he wants to set us up for next season and players he thinks will suit that style. Probably has a slightly better idea than Buzza from Newcastle online.

18 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

Luis Suarez??

To share the workload with Wilson? 2 year deal? [emoji38]

He’s on like £160k pw atm, he’ll be looking for that or similar for one last big contract before he hangs it up so Id say no.

Just now, Nine said:

He’s on like £160k pw atm, he’ll be looking for that or similar for one last big contract before he hangs it up so Id say no.

My post was half serious (still think he can do a job), but half tongue in cheek.

In fairness, he may end up at Villa.

2 minutes ago, BlazeT44 said:

My post was half serious (still think he can do a job), but half tongue in cheek.

In fairness, he may end up at Villa.

Villa is a decent shout tbf, with Gerrard and all.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Assuming it is 3 top signings where would people say it needs to be spent?

I would assume most would agree Striker and RW are the 2 main priorities but I’m unsure on what position would be next. 

Striker, RW and LB.

17 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Maybe we just think we can do better than Targett. And there's nowt wrong with that. 

Yes, we have to start thinking like Man City or Liverpool would think if we want to get to that level. Not saying Targett is a bad player, but we want to compete with the best, so we have to try to buy the same type of players they would buy.

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

Why are people talking about Suarez? I can only see Lodi and Carrassco mentioned in that Tweet.

We have money now so this thread is filed with who people think we ought to sell instead of actual rumours from decent sources. 

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Maybe, but I know from experience that they won’t just hand their partners a blank checkbook for a project. Usual stuff; there will be a 5 year (or whatever) capital injection plan with (usually brutal) KPI targets etc. Doubt they’ll play it fast and loose like that but obviously this is a completely different venture.

Don't disagree with that and my understanding of how PIF operate as well -- imo, and January showed their hand a little bit, if there is a way to pull forward investment in the near term to jump up the table via player transfers and getting deals done they feel are good value or too good to pass up, then I think they'll bend the structure. It's what being opportunistic is all about and, again, January showed me they will push if they need to. 

I'd be really interested in seeing a list of each clubs top earner, mainly just as a reference guide to see whereabouts we fit. Not sure if this is readily available anywhere?

At some point if we are to climb the table we will need to increase the amount we are willing to pay. Surely it will go up slightly each window. 

Edited by Sean

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

I'd be really interested in seeing a list of each clubs top earner, mainly just as a reference guide to see whereabouts we fit. Not sure if this is readily available anywhere?

Found this:

https://www.1sports1.com/the-highest-paid-player-at-each-premier-league-club/amp/

not completely up to date (we don’t have Bruno etc on there) but it gives a good idea comparatively

11 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Found this:

https://www.1sports1.com/the-highest-paid-player-at-each-premier-league-club/amp/

not completely up to date (we don’t have Bruno etc on there) but it gives a good idea comparatively

I wonder how true these figures are and do they reflect take home pay? A while back, I read The Great Tax Robbery: How Britain Became A Tax Haven For Fat Cats And Big Business which, amongst others things, discussed football players and in particular overseas players using certain off-shore tax schemes that saw them earn a lot more in real terms. 

21 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Found this:

Take away from this is Harry Kane needs a better agent!

I think we now have 2 people on more that Joe. I have seen both £120k p/w for Bruno and £150k, not sure which is accurate. And I'm sure I saw £100k p/w for Trippier somewhere. Pretty sure ASM went level with Joelinton when they re-negotiated his deal.