More transfer rumours

midds

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-transfer-news-renan-lodi-atletico-madrid-calvert-lewin-1649989?ITO=newsnow

Newcastle United are interested in Atletico Madrid’s Brazil international Renan Lodi, who is open to a move to the north-east to join Bruno Guimaraes and Joelinton in the club’s growing South American contingent.

Lodi is 24 and highly-rated, although he missed the last six games of the La Liga season. He shares an agent with Guimaraes, who has been a hugely successful signing after joining from Lyon, and Diego Carlos, the Sevilla defender who was a Newcastle target in January.

Newcastle are prioritising a striker and have senior backroom staff have spent time in France as recently as last week in an indication that the club are once again looking to Ligue 1 for potential recruits.

While Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Darwin Nunez are on their wishlist, the latter is waiting for Champions League interest with Manchester United having scouted him extensively. There are some doubts among Newcastle’s recruitment team about Calvert-Lewin, who had a mixed season for Everton.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Lodi sounds like it's a goer then. I'll honestly be gutted if we don't bring Targett in though. 

When they have a bunch of priorities they aren't going to sign two left backs, both of whom would expect to first choice. Dummett (& Burn who played there for Brighton) is the back up option. 

29 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-transfer-news-renan-lodi-atletico-madrid-calvert-lewin-1649989?ITO=newsnow

Newcastle are prioritising a striker and have senior backroom staff have spent time in France as recently as last week in an indication that the club are once again looking to Ligue 1 for potential recruits.

Which strikers in Ligue 1 have we been linked with aside from Ekitike?

1 hour ago, tomlynnherrington said:

If we’re looking to replace Targett this summer then Eddie must be looking to win the league.There aren’t many better left backs in the Premier League than him.

He might just be looking for someone who will facilitate a certain type of football. Targett's a really good left back but Howe might want one who brings a lot more overlapping and crossing to the mix. Trent Alexander Arnold is probably nowhere near as good defensively as Targett, but look at what he brings to the table going forward.

It's those sort of things which make Liverpool what they are.

Read a scouting report on Lodi earlier, but can't remember for the life of me where. Basically, he's comfortable on the ball and will provide plenty of attacking threat, but he's really suspect defensively, so much so that Simeone eventually dropped him.

Seems chalk and cheese to Targett, but in Howe we trust.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Read a scouting report on Lodi earlier, but can't remember for the life of me where. Basically, he's comfortable on the ball and will provide plenty of attacking threat, but he's really suspect defensively, so much so that Simeone eventually dropped him.

Seems chalk and cheese to Targett, but in Howe we trust.

I actually don't know anything about Lodi, but I assume Eddie does, and I trust him to bring in the right players. I'm sure he knows as well as anyone what Targett has done for us, if he's still going for someone else, then he must have good reason.

13 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Which strikers in Ligue 1 have we been linked with aside from Ekitike?

9 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Amine Gouiri

Also Arnaud Kalimuendo from PSG, Jonathan David from Lille, Stephy Mavididi from Montpellier, Ignatius Ganago from RC Lens.

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Also Arnaud Kalimuendo from PSG, Jonathan David from Lille, Stephy Mavididi from Montpellier, Ignatius Ganago from RC Lens.

Also Mohamed Bayo who had a brilliant season at Clermont.

As well as Lyon's Moussa Dembele and Marseille's Bamba Dieng.

37 minutes ago, TRon said:

He might just be looking for someone who will facilitate a certain type of football. Targett's a really good left back but Howe might want one who brings a lot more overlapping and crossing to the mix. Trent Alexander Arnold is probably nowhere near as good defensively as Targett, but look at what he brings to the table going forward.

It's those sort of things which make Liverpool what they are.

With someone more disciplined in front of him,I’d expect to see more overlapping from Targett.

5 hours ago, reefatoon said:

Because Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe has a better idea of how he wants to set us up for next season and players he thinks will suit that style. Probably has a slightly better idea than Buzza from Newcastle online.

Nah, wouldn't have thought so. Media is drumming up attention so simeone can sell him (he is pssshh).

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Think that’s a good move for all involved. Also kind of hints Arsenal won’t be getting a Marquee striker.

They are letting Lacazette go so they will clearly sign a striker.

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Think that’s a good move for all involved. Also kind of hints Arsenal won’t be getting a Marquee striker.

Yeah, I think they might give him an opportunity as the lead man, due to his form towards the end of the season, and perhaps just get in another young striker as backup.

Missing out on the Champions League has probably meant they aren't able to be as competitive going for the marquee names they were hoping to get.

Arsenal fans are not going to like it at all, but I think Nketiah could really come along and surprise folks if he plays as regularly as he has recently.

Arsenal really need to prioritise sorting out their central midfield, which is the real major issue for them.