More transfer rumours

midds

The opposition to DCL is insane. Similar sort of circumstances to Isak, two solid seasons followed by a season of inconsistency and injury. I'd be a bit concerned about his injury record, but there's a good striker in there. There's blatantly a lot if insecurity around because of the way he dresses.

If we did get Ekitike and DCL, I wonder if we'd move Wood on?

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

The opposition to DCL is insane. Similar sort of circumstances to Isak, two solid seasons followed by a season of inconsistency and injury. I'd be a bit concerned about his injury record, but there's a good striker in there. There's blatantly a lot if insecurity around because of the way he dresses.

Would have to completely disagree on DCL, overhyped and overpriced, only really had one good goal scoring season in his career and for the price would want far better 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

In all honesty, I’d be worried about him under the pressure at our club. He’s been open about his mental health issues this season and not coping too well and I could see moving to our club would potentially exacerbate this, which I wouldn’t wish on anyone. 

“enjoy the break toffee fans you deserve it. May the pressure continue to be a privilege." 

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12620002/dominic-calvert-lewin-opens-up-on-mental-health-struggles-and-says-talking-saved-my-life

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

In all honesty, I’d be worried about him under the pressure at our club. He’s been open about his mental health issues this season and not coping too well and I could see moving to our club would potentially exacerbate this, which I wouldn’t wish on anyone. 

“enjoy the break toffee fans you deserve it. May the pressure continue to be a privilege." 

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/12620002/dominic-calvert-lewin-opens-up-on-mental-health-struggles-and-says-talking-saved-my-life

Fair enough, on the flip side the fact he knows how to deal with it cannot be a bad sign.

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Calvert-Lewin would be class, I'm not sure what people who are against it are basing it on other than him missing most of this season?

Spending 40+ million on someone with one good season in his career ?

Looking purely at his goal scoring stats he's had 2 good seasons (the two before this one) which show a clear progression of him maturing as a forward (he's always been a decent player even before then). Everton were horrific this season and he suffered a bad injury, if you want to just look at a players Wiki numbers (and DCL aren't bad by any stretch) then look at Shearer's for 97-98 & 00-01.

In anycase if his numbers for those seasons weren't just an anomaly then he's potentially a 1 in 2 striker who is obscenely good in the air.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

8 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Looking purely at his goal scoring stats he's had 2 good seasons (the two before this one) which show a clear progression of him maturing as a forward (he's always been a decent player even before then). Everton were horrific this season and he suffered a bad injury, if you want to just look at a players Wiki numbers (and DCL aren't bad by any stretch) then look at Shearer's for 97-98 & 00-01.

In anycase if his numbers for those seasons weren't just an anomaly then he's potentially a 1 in 2 striker who is obscenely good in the air.

had he stayed fit I assume Rafa never loses his job this past season. 

34 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

DCL was on fire a while ago 

Under Eddie’s management he would get him back firing on all cylinders 

I have no doubts whatsoever 

10 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Ps - DCL

His name is still top of the list in lots of the England / St. George’s park athleticism tests 

He needs a manager to work with him and get him to the level he was at when he broke into the England team 

Aye, he has that Ronaldo/Bale style athleticism about him. 40m is potentially a great deal (probably wouldn't even be that high though).

Edited by Hanshithispantz

17 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

DCL was on fire a while ago 

Under Eddie’s management he would get him back firing on all cylinders 

I have no doubts whatsoever 

I agree. There are other striker targets I would prefer to him, but he'd be a good signing too.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Feel a bit cheated I havent been able to watch Mata play out his career somewhere. 

I'd take him for a season.. just having his class around the training ground would be invaluable.

2 hours ago, Ben said:

I'm not sure about DCL, I wonder if Howe could turn Adama Traore into a Striker, he would be devastating in his system.

Traore would be more frustrating than Joelinton as a striker.